Uppers

Discussion in 'Politics' started by bronks, Sep 24, 2003.

1. maybe do some exercise before you trade. run a mile or something.

#21     Sep 24, 2003
  2. ...the younger generation is so perverse. When I suggested having someone over, I was thinking of a poetry reading or French lessons.

The following suggestion is a bit off the wall, but it does accomplish the desired result. I find that if I kill two bottles of not too cheap California champagne before 10PM, that at 3 AM I come wide awake and cannot sleep for three hours. Adjust times and quantity to fit, do not try with Maui's Tedeschi Vinyard champagnes.

#22     Sep 24, 2003
  3. Juggling trading, regular job, family...JUGGLING!

Get some of those "bean bag" style juggling bags or hacky sacks and learn to juggle. You can use tennis or racquet balls, but it pisses you off when they roll under your monitor table. Work with the bags first.

I can do it very easily now and rarely drop them, so I concentrate on keeping my throws even and changing the height of the throws, etc. I also am trying 4 (harder than it looks).

Just sit in front of your monitor and throw 'em! It'll keep you awake. It impresses girls and small children too. :D

#23     Sep 24, 2003
  4. Adderall

-> insert lengthy disclaimer stating why taking adderall to enhance trading returns is a bad idea <-

#24     Sep 24, 2003
  5. eat

#25     Sep 24, 2003
  6. you could always swing trade, and use tradestation audio alerts real loud to tell you when action is required. as a mech swing trader, i sometimes do sleep practically all day... and just sort of crack an eye open to check the trade every 15 mins or so.

#26     Sep 24, 2003
  7. ramora

ramora

I am in California and have the same problem....

Looking at building a custom 'stand-up' computer desk right next to my 3 monitor trading desk. I found a good design here:

http://www.charm.net/~jriley/standup.html

ramora

#27     Sep 24, 2003
  8. Nothing will replace sleep. Good rest and alertness is essential. Your only choice is to shift your schedule so that you will get enough sleep to be fully refreshed in the morning, at least 7 hours, 8 is better.

If you can't do it, think about trading the Asian and Australian markets. THey should start in the early afternoon your time.

#28     Sep 24, 2003
  9. Vicoprofen is better if you want to drink alcohol at the same time.

:D

#29     Sep 25, 2003
  10. Nothing can replace a good night's sleep, but have you tried doing a couple lines of blow to keep you up? Bad for your blood pressure & sinuses, but good for not missing 15 handle spooz moves.

Similarly, a few years ago I discovered that crushing/grinding no-doz (caffiene) pills into a powder and snorting it provides a nice head rush.

No I'm not joking, and yes, a good night's rest & proper exercise would be healthier than my quick-fix shortcuts.

#30     Sep 25, 2003