Updated home page

Discussion in 'Events' started by Baron, Jan 24, 2002.

1. Baron

Baron ET Founder

As you can tell, there's now a new home page which better reflects what's going on throughout the entire site. If you prefer the previous version (which was primarily a view of the forums), all you have to do is go the forums front page.

Things will continue to evolve rapidly over the next few weeks so be on the lookout for some exciting new features. The next things to be rolled out will be live chat events hosted by industry experts, a community bulletin (monthly email newsletter) and online training articles provided by the MarketWise Trading School.

2. jaan

jaan

this combines the best parts of the old home page and forums view real nicely.

now if the thread links on the home page would take you to the first unread message my life on ET would be damn close to perfect...

EDIT: correction: i was under impression that the new page included only threads with NEW messages not RECENT messages when i wrote the above, but this seems not to be the case. hence: it would be really helpful if threads with unread messages would be marked on the home page, just as they are on the forums page.

- jaan

3. ET continues to improve. All ET readers owe you a sincere thanks for a continuing job well done. :)

4. Magna

Magna Administrator

Beautiful job Baron. Although I will still frequently use the old :) forums index as my main page, the new layout on the home page is very impressive.

5. ddefina

ddefina

Good integration of all the sites features. I like the most recent threads all in one place like several months ago. Looks good.

6. I agree ..only unread messages on home page.

7. Jeffo

Jeffo

Very nice. Love it.

8. tom_p

tom_p

I get the following error screen when I click on Your Account on the home page (this doesn't occur in the forums front page) :

CGI Error
    The specified CGI application misbehaved by not returning a complete set of HTTP headers. The headers it did return are:

9. Baron

Baron ET Founder

jaan and Cdntrader,

I'm working on the unread post issue you mentioned. Thanks for the suggestion.

tom_p,

Thanks for bringing that up. It's fixed now.

10. Speculator1929

Speculator1929 Guest

Thank you for your labor of love. This entire site is a big help.

#10     Jan 25, 2002