Update Opera 7 (Free)... No Ad Banner

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by gnome, Jan 30, 2003.

1. gnome

gnome

I tried crazybrowser about 18 months ago. I thought it was clever, but slow and clunky.

1. Has it improved?
    2. Perhaps you'd be so kind as to download Opera 7, browse around a bit and report to the board? The features of both are similar, I think. :D

#11     Jan 30, 2003
  2. gnome

gnome

As far as I know, the paid version just removed the ad banner + gave the buyer 6 months of Opera's email, if desired.

#12     Jan 30, 2003
  3. opm8

opm8

Thanks for the link, zentrader!

I'm using it now and it basically made all of IE's annoyances go away for me. It's how IE should've been from the start. I love it and it's free, too.

--opm8

#13     Jan 30, 2003
  4. It has worked fine for me. The main reason I use it is for the tab feature for multiple windows within the one browser. My task bar gets a bit cluttered otherwise with 3 or 4 browsers open, 5 spreadsheets and other applications.

As far as I know crazy browser is just IE with a few enhancements.

Opera looks good, but I won't be trying it as I still need to use IE to access one of my trading platforms.

#14     Jan 31, 2003
  5. gnome

gnome

FYI, Opera has the same "tab" feature of multiple windows within one browser. I like that for the same reason you do crazy.

Opera makers claim it's the fastest browser. Seems to be a bit faster at downloading, but it's obviously better at caching than IE... better at managing bookmarks too. Aesthetically, there are lots of "skin" choices + colors. (I'm rather partial to the "ice" motif, myself.)

#15     Jan 31, 2003
  6. thanks for that, i'll check opera out this weekend and report back.

#16     Jan 31, 2003
  7. Oh, I see ... :p

#17     Jan 31, 2003
  8. tuna

tuna

#18     Jan 31, 2003
  9. ALICE

ALICE

tuna thanks for that link. Is S-R as useful as it looks like it might be?

#19     Jan 31, 2003
  10. tuna

tuna

yes i like it, i bought the registered version,mostly just use it for my links rather than what comes with it.
    I've got each tab setup to a differant website,breifing etc,start it up in the morning and you've got everywhere loaded in one go.
    Only grumple i have with it is it comes up with script error windows occasionally,i don't know whether thats the program or me tho.

#20     Jan 31, 2003