update on trade desks in Vancouver?

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by jjk2, Jul 13, 2016.

1. jjk2

jjk2

so last time I asked this question was in 2008. I haven't logged on here for a long time. I think pinnacle disappeared around this time.

So I'm looking for an update. I heard of Chang and Ser Man but not sure if these are 'pay to play' desks where you have to put up capital or pay for educational courses first before allowed to trade.

2. dealmaker

dealmaker

Bright Trading has/ had offices both in Vancouver and Langley....

3. jjk2

jjk2

you need your series and take their paid training course right?

4. dealmaker

dealmaker

You do need series 7, I don't know what their training situation is now but back in the day you needed to attend their 3 day seminar and it was not free. Most props will require you take some sort of series IE S7 or S57 unless they have a Capital by their name.

5. Ser Man, i've listened to a presentation; they are just a bunch of clowns selling wares. Stay away.

6. I had communicated with Rob @ bright last year. They don't have an office anymore and just run everything remotely. Need $50K min deposit and series 7. Their commission rates were not really that impressive, I get better with my current broker.

Be interested to know if there are any serious stocks or futures prop firms in YVR, I couldn't find anything. Never heard of Chang, got a link for them? Ser Man looks like FX

7. jj90

jj90

I know the guys at Ser Man, good guys but be aware they are running a business.

Google Chang Trading Richmond. They should still be around. There's DV but you need a stellar record to get in there. Other than that everything else is an existing group that went remote.