Update on my experiences with WorldCo

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by Treykool, Jun 15, 2002.

1. xtrader

xtrader

nice story...

the psychos and liars dominate these boards

why?

I don't care

#51     Jun 17, 2002
  2. skynet

skynet

#52     Jun 17, 2002
  3. liltrdr

liltrdr

Maybe you should PM him.

#53     Jun 17, 2002
  4. Think about it, but I would give some traders 125% of their p&l I would make 25% of what they lose.

#54     Jun 17, 2002
  5. I traded at Schonfeld and was an ok trader. It didn't seem like I was getting such an exceptional deal. But maybe thats just the way it was presented to me. Seemed like most people start like that. They are starting me at very few shares compared to what I am used to. The rest is good. If its such a great deal as you say than maybe I am better than I thought. What it comes down to is how much money I will take home. I think thats the results all traders care about.

#55     Jun 17, 2002
  6. All because someone posts something on here is no reason to go investigate. Whats the difference. If someone exaggerates, let him. It doesnt hurt anyone. But, if he is telling the truth and you pry into it at risk management and it is found out who its is, I believe they can get into trouble. There is a non-disclosure issue with the company and this could be a breach of it. If everyone stays anonymous than all are safe.

Besides, in a one block area there are at least 3 buildings with Worldco offices. In the main building they have (not exactly sure, I didnt count) between 8 and 10 floors. On each floor there must be 3 or 4 groups. Thats alot of deals at Worldco. For the most part, the group leaders determine most of the deals up to a point. Te Bai has offered some great deals to me and I know others. There is flexibility at the company. All because someone has something doesn't mean the next one has it. How about just growing up and working on yourself to improve as a trader. That will definitly increase your deal. Another to look for at WOrldco. Just count the monitors at a traders desk, that should tell you how good he is. The guy with one monitor just started. The guy with 5+ monitors must make serious bucks and churn loads of shares.

In truth, if I hear about this "investigating", I won't post any more info about any companies any more. And I'm sure many others willstop as well.

HAppy trading all.

#56     Jun 17, 2002
  7. You are right that people should worry mostly about their trading. However, when people deceive others, especially with regard to what they are making at a prop firm, then others can get hurt. What's more, if they are lying about the prop firm that you are at (you and I for example), then it is more annoying, given that they are trying to deceive people about what is available and how easily it is available at our firm. Granted, if someone really is duped, they can always do their own research to find out the reality. Nonetheless, I would be remised if I did not try to let people know the truth. As far as your response to daytradernyc, that he and others should just improve their trading so that they can get better deals, daytradernyc not only does focus on improving day in and day out, but he is already a top trader. So that is not what his problem or motive is. He is concerned about the same thing that I am, which, as I stated above, is the importance of truth over deception!

#57     Jun 18, 2002
  8. Well, I am surprised. You threw me for a loop. I was under the impression that all your remarks (and of daytrader) were childish and unprofessional. I have just turned 180 degrees. I was expecting some put downs for my remarks, yet you answered me in a way that gives me a lot of respect for both of you. Being that you both trade there and my decision to probably go there, makes me happy I deciding favorably towards it. I agree totally in your post and look forward to being in this very professional atmosphere. (Hey Don Bright, soon everyone will write nice things about you too :) ). I met alot of people at the firm recently and I liked what I saw. Somethings seemed a bit awkqard, but thats probably me just not used to the way things are done there. Plus, the trading style is very different than I have learned and I look forward to adding this style to my methods.

Thanks for putting me straight and maybe I'll update everyone as to my progression there as well. I just don't think I will reach those heights mentioned by others. Although I will shoot for stars, one meteor at a time.

Happy trading all.

#58     Jun 18, 2002
  9. My concern is really with myself. I want to get the facts straight so that I can use it to get better deal for myself. I coudnt care less how much others make honestly....I just want to make sure I can get 99.5% payout since Ive been at the firm for much longer than Trey. More info, better I am armed when I go into Walter's office. That's all.

#59     Jun 18, 2002
  10. "Nice things" ...about me? You gotta be kidding.....lol.

I, too, am glad to see that we can share information without all the BS. I've stated before that I look at the field of trading like a "league of our own"...with different teams competing at times...but when the day is over, we should be able to have beer and talk about trading....

Don

#60     Jun 18, 2002