Update on my experiences with WorldCo

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by Treykool, Jun 15, 2002.

1. the ivy league would never do that

#21     Jun 16, 2002
  2. PrueFan

PrueFan

After reading this I just had to ask my friend who works at worldco about it. It turns out that they do indeed have a 401k plan for traders. They go by some member class system..the higher up you go, the more benefits you get with the company. They also supposedly grant company options to their traders based on performance....essentially offering part ownership. Also, 99%-100% is not uncommon for high volume traders at the firm, as they are mostly generating incredible revenue on commissions.

#22     Jun 16, 2002
  3. generalizations about the ivy league or anything for that matter due to one person as your sample size is ridiculous and shows no class.

sincerely,
    jc

#23     Jun 16, 2002
  4. rs7

rs7

Well....they took me, and so maybe there is some justification to making fun of the IL.....hell, I am the only trader here that doesn't make money all the time, my math is bad (go back a few pages), and I can't hardly spel at awl!

#24     Jun 16, 2002
  5. you're right. I should never say 'never.'

#25     Jun 16, 2002
  6. exactly rs7. You got accepted and you seem nice and down to earth.
    not everyone is like treycool. hehe

jc

#26     Jun 16, 2002
  7. chisox

chisox Guest

whose gineraliazing abot ivy leage, now there are 2 samples.

#27     Jun 16, 2002
  8. What I find so humorous about all these self indulgent posters who constantly feel the need to mention they are Ivy League graduates is that if they had ever spent time at some of the better state universities, they would find a good number of equally intelligent and ambitious students...A good number of students are accepted at Ivy League schools but choose not to enroll for financial reasons...Heck, last I checked my alma mater is charging $35,000 per year...In the throes of the worst recession in the past 20 years, I would imagine alot of highly qualified students are opting for state schools were tuitions are more in line with the reality of affordability...

#28     Jun 16, 2002
  9. skynet

skynet

which branch do you trade at?

#29     Jun 16, 2002
  10. vulture, i agree and can name some friends who go to community school that are just as intelligent as my fellow alums.

#30     Jun 16, 2002