Update on my experiences with WorldCo

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by Treykool, Jun 15, 2002.

1. Yes keep up posted. However, I would strongly advise you to throttle back and just focus on solid (not spectacular) trading for the next 6 months.

You are at a dangerous phase. Early success can lead one to over lever. Blow-outs happen at this point, not at the very start.

#11     Jun 16, 2002
  2. Since youre getting a better rate than Hitman they must really like you.

#12     Jun 16, 2002
  3. seems high for a worldco shooter, I would bet hitman pays no more than .0055.

#13     Jun 16, 2002
  4. I'm just going by what he said in his new journal. He said he is paying 0.80 cent a share.

#14     Jun 16, 2002
  5. I don't know if Treykool is someone who really trades for Worldco or not, but he is a total, absolute liar. There are only a few people at Wldco who can go 100 days in this crappy year and only have 4 (or fewer) down days, and this clown (who says he has only traded several months) ain't one of them. Also, the top traders don't get 99%, let alone a guy who makes that kind of money. That is very good money is lied about. I'd love to have it. But that is not the kind of money that gets someone at WLDCO that kind of payout. The % of profitable and top traders has gotten smaller and smaller this year, but those numbers still wouldn't put him in with the elite handful. I'd also love to hear what group. or at least what building this guy trades in, cause I know just from his description that he is not in at least a few of the groups headed by the very top handful of traders. People, please don't take the word of every Tom, Dick and Treykool.

#15     Jun 16, 2002
  6. liltrdr

liltrdr

You've been called out Treykool. You better have a flush or better :). I missed the boat, where do you trade? What group and what office? Treykool, how about you?

#16     Jun 16, 2002
  7. the sad ass san diego office....

#17     Jun 16, 2002
  8. NYNY

NYNY

I have never heard of anyone getting a 99.5% payout.

You can't get a 401(k) because you are NOT employed.

#18     Jun 16, 2002
  9. So, you average 175K shares a day, for about 100 trading days. That's 17.5 million shares total. Out of which you extracted a gross profit of $166K. That's about $0.0095 gross profit per share (166,000/17,500,000).

You say that you pay commission of 0.0078/share (is there a zero or two too many in here?), so according to that number your profit/share would be $ 0.0017 (0.0095-0.0078).

So the gross profit is about $30K ($0.0017*17.5M). How do you end up with $94K net after giving the shop .5% of the gross?

Also, 0.0078 is 82% of 0.0095. Are you paying 82% of your gross take in commissions, or did you give incomplete or innacurate numbers (made mistakes in your decimal places?).

Or is that prop shop in some parallel universe accessible only to Yalies and Harh vaaard graduates?

Elvis

#19     Jun 16, 2002
  10. chisox

chisox Guest

Is this what the ivy league taught you to do? Lie and act arrogant? maybe the rest of us normal folks are getting a kick out of how much of an idiot youve made of yourself.

#20     Jun 16, 2002