Update from Karen the Supertrader

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Sweet Bobby, Apr 27, 2022.

1. Hello MarkBrown,

Awesome read. Thank you for sharing.

Question:

1. What made you start develop trading systems?

2. Did you initially start trading discretionary or manually trading?

Thank you,

#41     Apr 28, 2022
  2. MarkBrown

MarkBrown

Question:

1. What made you start develop trading systems?

my failure as a discretionary trader

2. Did you initially start trading discretionary or manually trading?

i started off manually with indicators and it was a coin toss, "millionaire" -"not a millionaire" lol

so i started by having manual alerts and alarms for different common events - new highs, new lows, yesterday highs, yesterday lows, bond closing time, state of intervention time on and on all sorts of alerts and eventually i was able to wrap some of that in systems and have never looked back.

#42     Apr 28, 2022
    SimpleMeLike and Axon like this.
  3. TheDawn

TheDawn

OK but that's a given and is meaningless. I mean anybody who trades is essentially "taking a view". But to win and profit which is what we traders including Karen are trying to do here, you have to be able to predict, either direction only with stocks or direction + volatility in options' case with at least a fair amount of certainty otherwise you won't win. Then what's the point of trading? Just to throw away money? You are just saying this for the sake of winning an argument now.

#43     Apr 28, 2022
  4. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

Apparently it’s not worth trading unless you can predict with 100percent accuracy but no one can; unless they can then they can make lots of money with options.

#44     Apr 28, 2022
  5. TheDawn

TheDawn

First of all, I never said "100percent accuracy". What I said, as shown below, was "with certainty". To me that is more than just "taking a view".

And second of all, I never said it's not worth trading but that it's hard to come up with winning strategies so she is just like any one of us, not any worse.

I thought I was quite clear on what I said but I guess not.

#45     Apr 29, 2022
  6. Hello Mark Brown,

Thank you for the response.

Few more questions please.

1. How many trading systems/ideas did your program and back test that failed before you finally reached a trading systems/ideas with enough Edge to go live? For example, what is the ratio of Failed tested trading idea to good trading idea to bet money on?

Thanks

#46     Apr 29, 2022
  7. CET

CET

It may just be me, but the pics of the OP and Karen make me think they would make a fine couple. Plus they have so much in common. :rolleyes:

#47     Apr 29, 2022
  8. topdog

topdog

"I never lost money for my investors"
    ?

#48     May 12, 2022
  9. From what I recall from an interview, it was when someone else took her position in her fund that investors lost.

But, no one has written a definitive book... (I said definitive) on it.

#49     May 12, 2022
  10. Pekelo

Pekelo

If she never lost money for investors she must have the worst lawyers in history.

#50     May 12, 2022