Update from Karen the Supertrader

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Sweet Bobby, Apr 27, 2022.

1. Free trading ideas
    Disclosed System

I dont see the word profitable in that mix ???

#31     Apr 28, 2022
  2. MarkBrown

MarkBrown

see where it says "See publication" below, you have made me aware that i need to fix the links tomorrow when i get time, then you can check back and download the articles. also in the metastock forum there are systems which i published that to this day are still profitable.

Oddball System 20th year anniversary - 5000 trades

Found the 1st OddBall system article for you here.

also feel free to search my 20 years of posting on this forum and the hall of fame section of this forum.

i think my independently audited and published track record is also on the forum but if it's not i can send it to you if you wish proof of my claims of profitability.

[​IMG]

#32     Apr 28, 2022
    SimpleMeLike likes this.
  3. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

I don’t follow the nuance between your two paragraphs.

No one has a winning strategy.
    but if you do, options are more lucrative?

#33     Apr 28, 2022
  4. TheDawn

TheDawn

I do not know what do you mean by "nuances". The two paragraphs are my comments on two different issues/concepts respectively in your comments.

For equivalent strategies, ceteris paribus, yes.

#34     Apr 28, 2022
  5. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

there must be a nuance that makes your two seemingly contradictory paragraphs true.

1. no one can have an edge in options because you can’t predict volatility.
    2. Options give better payouts than stocks because you can have a volatility and delta view.

#35     Apr 28, 2022
    SunTrader likes this.
  6. TheDawn

TheDawn

Your perception of the two paragraphs being contradictory is wrong. There is no nuances. Like I said, they are just responses to your two totally different comments respectively.

Again, how are they contradictory? You still have not explained how they are contradictory. And to clarify, I never said that no one can have an edge. What I said was no one can predict with certainty the richness and cheapness of the volatility of an instrument. You implied that somehow people need to be able to predict richness and cheapness of volatility in order to have an edge

Last edited: Apr 28, 2022
    #36     Apr 28, 2022
  7. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

you statement that “No one can predict with certainty” is a truism and doesn’t discount the ability to predict volatility or direction. I’m not sure why you stated.

So you are saying, that some people can predict volatility with enough predictive power that they can develop alpha that can earn, and if they also can predict direction, they can earn a lot more with options than with stocks?

#37     Apr 28, 2022
  8. TheDawn

TheDawn

That's a direct response to your statement that being able to determine the richness and cheapness of vol. is the only way to have a winning strategy.
    My response was: well, no one can determine the richness and cheapness of vol. because that determination is based on the ability to predict future volatility which no one can, not with certainty. Without the ability to predict future volatility, one would never be able to determine the relative richness and cheapness of vol. My statement is made to point out that your criteria of someone having a winning strategy based on his/her ability to determine richness and cheapness of vol. is an unfeasible one. Do I really have to spell out the meaning of every single of my sentence in English? I thought your first language is English given that you are born in the United States?

What??!! This sentence does not make sentence.

#38     Apr 28, 2022
  9. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

I didn’t mean that someone had to predict volatility with 100percent accuracy. In colloquial trading parlance, “predicting” means “taking a view.” Perhaps I should have been clearer.

#39     Apr 28, 2022
  10. SunTrader

SunTrader

You're not the one needing to be clear.

#40     Apr 28, 2022
    ITM_Latino and newwurldmn like this.