Update from Karen the Supertrader

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Sweet Bobby, Apr 27, 2022.

1. SunTrader

SunTrader

And if Pigs could fly .....

#21     Apr 27, 2022
  2. Nine_Ender

Nine_Ender

I don't believe those return numbers for a minute. You seem to be missing why what she did was a fraud.

#22     Apr 27, 2022
  3. Hello MarkBrown,

This is the 2nd best post I read on ET forum is a very long time.

Thanks,

#23     Apr 27, 2022
    NoahA likes this.
  4. themickey

themickey

At the beginning of your video on Karen, she immediateky leapt in to talk about Jesus, my immediate thought was "ffs, not again with this Jesus rubbish, it's like covid, everywhere."

#24     Apr 27, 2022
  5. TheDawn

TheDawn

I said "if she really does have a winning strategy"

But the thing is, nobody would be able to determine with certainty the rich and cheapness of vol. Everything is all relative and depends on what happens in the future. If there is a volatility crush happens, even the current 20 IV will still be too rich but if there is a huge explosion in volatility, then even 100 IV is still too cheap. And that's where the excess return comes from. If everybody knows with certainty how much the market is going to move in T+1, then there will be no excess return. The options will give the same return as term deposits.

And she does have a system. She uses Bollinger bands to gauge standard deviation and trades options outside of 2 standard deviations. Dunno if it's the same system that she uses now. I fell asleep 5 minutes into the video.

#25     Apr 27, 2022
  6. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

No one knows anything with certainty. When you trade options you predict vol. it’s no different than trading stock and predicting direction. Some people have a system that gives them an edge others just sell options because they assume vol is always rich (no system)

#26     Apr 27, 2022
    ITM_Latino likes this.
  7. Interesting. From what I read a while back, Bollinger Bands had its use until a year after John
    Bollinger was peddling his book in multi-countries. Yes, the book sold like wildfire. And a year after publication back-tracking statistics show that any opportunities in the markets used by this tool have been arbitraged away. (almost every platform has this tool/metric even still, and its usefulness is now defunct).

Anyway, every Fibonacci fan, Elliot-wave nutcase, and other tea-leaves reader is going to flame me now for saying it. Oh well, I said it. Time to get my shields up.

#27     Apr 27, 2022
  8. SunTrader

SunTrader

Yup fibs and Elliott Wave (2 for the price of 1) don't work o_O either, even though they worked in 1929 before they were even widely known. Keep believing it please :):
    1929.png

#28     Apr 27, 2022
  9. TheDawn

TheDawn

EXACTLY that's why no one really has any winning strategy and she's just like anybody selling options or option spreads.

But when you trade options, you are predicting vol. + direction not just vol. That's why options are much harder to trade than stocks cuz with stocks, you are always dealing with 100% delta and 0 implied volatility. And that's also why options are so much more lucrative.

#29     Apr 27, 2022
  10. If you have time to waste, or are just super-nerdy, here's an oldie:

#30     Apr 28, 2022
    MarkBrown likes this.