Up or Down by Monday Close?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by jason586, Sep 8, 2007.

1. slightly up.

#11     Sep 8, 2007
  2. nkhoi

nkhoi

up by open, down by close.

#12     Sep 8, 2007
  3. More downside early in the day adding to the fear. Asia bad tomorrow night follow through to Europe and US. Cash in short positions, buy the dip into patriotic rally 9/11 on top of Greenspan 11:00am USD Fed Chairman Bernanke Speaks High Impact Expected .

He could change is tone and bears have a field day driving us back to 12,9xx. Perma bulls, CNBC cheerleaders are crying again begging for the cut this week. 14k DOW becomes a distant memory again. You are scared and don't know how to play it. Follow the bear herd, buy the dip, etc. You take no action and don't take advantage of the volatility.

#13     Sep 9, 2007
  4. Indifferent.

Anek

#14     Sep 9, 2007
  5. Cruzan

Cruzan

My guess: Dow will open down and close down.

Based on its current level, current momentum, and most recent news and sentiment, a large chunk of which was absorbed in Friday's loss, I'm guessing the Dow will close down again, but this time only between 50 and 100 points.

#15     Sep 9, 2007
  6. ^

Akuma

#16     Sep 9, 2007
  7. Some of next week will be down. Most trending Stocks are trading above their 20 day MA & are due to touch down again-excellent opportunity to buy for a 10% swing.

Lucky

#17     Sep 9, 2007
  8. From my point of view, if the markets drop hard on Monday it would suggest future weakness in the coming months.

This is a system opinion. Down hard Friday followed by down hard Monday means weakness ahead. Investors had all weekend to view charts and look for buying opps at lower prices. If Monday comes and there are no buyers, then bears are in control.

#18     Sep 9, 2007
  9. I am newer to trading, so I keep positions both ways at different levels in the market with ETFs. I take small profits as the market overtakes a position and try to reposition for a better price on reverse moves/dips.
    Friday, I unbalanced my positions going into the close with 2/3 down position in DXD and leaving only 1/3 up postions in EWZ & FXI, so I am playing for it to be down - although short-term up would be fine for the EWZ & FXI before it finally goes down.

#19     Sep 9, 2007
  10. DOWWWN impossible to guess what will happen monday

#20     Sep 9, 2007