up 70 % in 3 months, 1000 max drawdown

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by limitupmike, Aug 12, 2009.

1. piezoe

piezoe

Congratulations and nice going! If you can do that with a 100K capital year in and year out you do very well indeed. Keep trading and let's see how it goes.

#11     Aug 12, 2009
  2. Thanks Piezoe...

maybe i should explain teh leverge part out there.. I have a 25K base in this account that I cannot touch. This way i can trade on margin if I want to or need to. The account was actually only started with 8K above that and has grown ever since. I would say
    position holdings ahve been 40 % day trades.. 5 % options short and long, 10% holds 2-3 weeks, 25 % 1 day overnight holds,
    and 20 % 3-5 day swings.

#12     Aug 12, 2009
  3. ok .. well since everyone on here has it all figured out. I mean that is all that I can assume baed on the number of views versus teh commnets. If you are shy go aheada nd PM me for any information you require. Other than that then this will be my lat post on here for some time. Good luck to most of you and please keep trading, so I can continue to reap the benefits. I will be posting calls more regularly as well including my trades more frequently on boilerroomtrade.com.

I do not get any revenue from ads on the site. it is a google/toast
    program so they do what they want.

It is an electronic trading journal and that is all.

oh yes, the next time i get on this site and post I will be trading a new account with 100K instead of 8K (33K total) for those of you who are interested in really learning to trade properly.. which means profitably.

Until then! C-ya, good luck you will need lots of luck

#13     Aug 12, 2009
  4. He wasn't saying you and I are the same person.

#14     Aug 12, 2009
  5. Not my fault they can't quantify their methods.

Doesn't mean it's not possible, though.

#15     Aug 12, 2009
  6. ironfist,
    i am going to post here again after all because of your comment.

i knew he did not think we were the same person..

anyway, sometimes traders just get a feeling and they go with it.. it si true. just like a gambler gets a hunch.. could be a feeling in your stomach or the hair on your arm raises.. and you know .. you just know.. yup this is the point to nail it. Not everything is quantifiable my friend... especially inside the mind of crazy traders.

They have been trying to quantify ths stuff for the past 100 years..
    READ THE BOOK: THE PREDICTORS

they spent millions on the best and brightest coding everythign from weather patterns in fiji and its correlation in the stock market.. i bet they are still trying this today. It is a good read but it clearly shows that everything is not 0 's and 1's everythign i not quantifiable and that my friend is why i can show you my strategy and you will trade it and get different results than myself... even if it were programmed because some days you would get different fills etc.. anyway. I am glad it is not quantifiable because i really enjoy the thinking part of this game. It is a game of chess for me with financial rewards beyond reason for some and eeking out a living for others. Everyday the trader whether it si a 1 lot or 1000 lot can be a part of something much bigger than himself while constantly being graded. This is what it is about for me, so you can take your black box and shove it up some 3 dollar hookers azz!!!!!!!!

#16     Aug 12, 2009
  7. #17     Aug 12, 2009
  8. AK100

AK100

Up 70% in 3 months and you think that's great?

I have 3 words for you -

risk adjusted returns.

Or put it another way, there's probably a 90% chance you'll lose over 50% of your trading capital within 5 years, probably 2.

Good luck anyway :)

#18     Aug 12, 2009
  9. Ak100.. the only way that will happen i if i continue to do the same type of trades over the next 5 years.. adaptation my friend and being a head of the curve will allow me to continue to do this profitably well into the futures and i will pass on this skill to a few who are capable of enduring the hours of monotony in order to spot an hour of pure ecstacy.

Not many can or are willing to do this, but for those who endure it is a worhwhile endeavor.

Looking back a hundred and forty years. I collect old trading and market books. i hve many that are pre 1900 original editions. Not that much has changed as far as profitable strategy except for the fact that in the old days you could easily spot the BIG ORDERS becasue they were not fractionalized.. this allowed many to profit.. however you can still see the big orders and big flow simply by looking at volume in bar form on a chart. It is easy to spot panic sellers and buyers and this is when smart traders decide to take action.

#19     Aug 12, 2009
  10. You're the guy who trades without stops, correct?

#20     Aug 12, 2009