up 70 % in 3 months, 1000 max drawdown

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by limitupmike, Aug 12, 2009.

1. I am up 70 % in 3 months. My max drawdown has been - 1000. on 10K in risk capital.

I started a new account with 10K risk capital in may. I started iT ON may 12th and to date i am up over 70 % net.

I HAVE HAD 3 LOSING DAYS BASED ON CLOSED TRADES.

WHAT INFORMATION IF ANY WOULD BE HELPFUL FOR TRADERS ON THIS SITE?

WHAT WOULD IT TAKE TO MAKE BELIEVERS OUT OF THOSE WHO ARE ENVIOUS OR THOSE WHO ARE STILL SEARCHING?

THERE IS NO WAY TO REVERSE ENGINEER WHAT I DO SINCE MOST OF IT IS DISCRETIONARY FROM MARKET PSYCHOLOGY.

LET ME KNOW

2. Quantify your system with black and white rules for entries, exits, and MM.

Discretionary does not exist. "Discretionary" traders compute many factors subconsciously in their head to arrive at the decision to "buy" or "sell."

Many other people use "discretionary" to hide and obfuscate the fact that they can't really trade. Or to justify charts that were annotated after the fact with perfect entries and exists. Or to explain why, when they say "enter on x condition and exit on y condition," and they show a chart with perfect entries and exits, and then someone else asks "well x and y conditions appeared 3 other times on that chart yet it would have been a losing trade each time; why didn't you enter there?" they will say "because I trade discretionary" which actually means "I don't trade at all, but isn't this chart awesome? Give me your money so I can be your guru."

Any system can be quantified into black and white rules. Discretionary does not exist.

So to convince me, lay out your rules with no room for interpretation. Backtest and forward test with positive expectancy. 100 people using your system should have identical entries, exits, profits, and losses.

:D

3. nice input iron fist but i strongly disagree.. if that was the case then the schonfelds and bright trading companies would never bring in new talent.. they would computerize it all into little black and white 000 and 1 and 01 110 011 0101 .. codes and they would make ten x as much money by cutting out the huge salaries...

nope.. there are some things that just cannot replace the human element. Psychology.

If i post all of my trades and my time and sales for this tiny 10K account.. then you should be able to align the data points on your supercomputer and walla .. you can mimic my moves or beat me too them.. right.

4. ammo

ammo

just another post in a different new name, answered by yourself in another old name, jumping jacks , look at me , everyone else is stupid, i'm brilliant ,Its like the roller rink ,you go around and around and around and they do the hokey pokey , u put your left foot in, u pull your left foot out, you do the hokey pokey and u turn yourself around, what is your point...its an endless circle, your stuck ....make some progress already..take a chance

5. lol.. you think i am iron fist? hey bro step out of the 4th grade recess and wake up!
    I fi were iron fit i would be offended!

6. You made 7k in 3 months during a once in a life time rally?

Give this mininum wage trader an award.

7. A 1k drawdown out of 10k capital is 10%, that sounds like too much risk to me.

8. interesting comments but I sure was hoping for some more sarcasm... once in a lifetime rally? Really? I don't think so..

as far a 10 % risk is cocnernened.. if you trade intraa day o with leverage then 10 % is not much at all.. the key word you missed was risk capital. I was willing to Risk all of it. i asumed it was already lost before i put on the first trade.

9. Mr. coolweb.. how much did you make on percentage terms? let me guess .. 0 out of 0. lol

10. If you trade intraday with leverage than being up 70% isnt much at all either, in fact it is a total joke.

#10     Aug 12, 2009