Unveiling A Method!!!

Discussion in 'Trading' started by lundy, May 28, 2003.

1. TGregg

TGregg

Intelligence and thoroughness are clearly as rare as ever; fortunately for those of us with those traits who seek to extract wealth from those without. You quoted my post, but you did not read it. I did not say, nor did I imply that lundy has nothing to say due to his financial situation (whatever it may be).

Perhaps I should say that again, since you don't read so well, but happily criticize your own misunderstandings; I did not say, nor did I imply that lundy has nothing to say due to his financial situation (whatever it may be).

Let us see if I can put my post in terms you might understand. Hmmm. . . . lundy not have much money, so why lundy not do "obvious" trade and get heaping pile money?

I apologize for using the three-syllable word obvious, but a synonym escapes me at the moment. I am (sadly, perhaps) more trader than writer.

#31     May 28, 2003
  2. lundy

lundy

Your so called reality is really just that.... it's your subjective interpretation of the position of the market participants. Maybe that helps you in your trading. Whether you're 'reality' is really reality is unknown.

I am just presenting a pattern.... in a sense, it's objective. If you want to attach a 'reality' to it, feel free.

#32     May 28, 2003
  3. lundy

lundy

In case people haven't figured it out yet, this is a method for finding patterns.....

Because not everyone will find the same patterns, it cant really be diluted. However, it should serve to widen a persons perception when looking at a chart.

The unfolding of the spiral is like a wheel in motion. It continues to unfold until a force opposes it. The force that stops the motion displays a particular pattern. Again, it's a method for entering the market.... detecting when the spiral will end is how you know how long to hold for.

#33     May 28, 2003
  4. let me see if i've got this straight.. so, according to this method, every strong up move will have an accompanying strong down move.. that is, unless it doesn't.

???

let me restate that. so, every strong up move may or may not have an accompanying strong down move.. depending on if the strong down move occurs or not.

???

i am not trying to sound condescending. but, if you had a phrase stuck in there somewhere (ANYWHERE) that said "greater than 50%" or something like that, then we would have something to test.

i must admit, my first thought when you "revealed" your method, was: wouldn't someone else have noticed this eons ago (if it were true)?

#34     May 29, 2003
  5. lundy

lundy

i figured as much.

do you speak anything aside from herd-speak?

for that matter do you think anything other than herd-think?

#35     May 29, 2003
  6. TGregg

TGregg

. . . does that invalidate this prediction?

#36     May 29, 2003
  7. lundy

lundy

yes Tgregg...

but this post isn't so much about a prediction, it's about a method for recognizing patterns.

#37     May 29, 2003
  8. lundy

lundy

i still beleive the pattern holds true... but symmetry is at least 2 dimensional. If i discover the second dimension, i'll be sure to let everyone know. :D

#38     May 29, 2003
  9. IMO, in this case, the "herd" is correct. can you prove otherwise? i suppose that is the purpose of this thread. namely, you are not sure yet and you are exploring it. in that case, i was too quick in my response. i'll wait and see what you come up with..

#39     May 29, 2003
  10. lundy

lundy

i decided to play the futures on this play as i think i have found the second dimension of the symmetry..... short from 1186, stop at 1200. Will just hold and see if we get big down move.... if not, it's 300 dollar loss.

#40     May 29, 2003