Unsold Cars Around the World

Discussion in 'Economics' started by Debaser82, Mar 1, 2009.

1. JOEEXEX

JOEEXEX

what happens when the dealers start running Going Out OF Business Sales,how will the new United Auto Workers Chrysler division compete? And than the old GM will have to start up also under mostly under UAW banner also with all those imports standing by to be unloaded so be a heck of a buyers paradise.

#61     May 18, 2009
  2. Chrysler/Dodge dealers are selling most of their cars for 50% off MSRP now - these are the dealers that were terminated.

Chrysler won't buy their cars back from them, and surviving dealers are too bloated with inventory to take on any new product.

I'm not looking, but they're selling New Ram trucks for $10,500, PT Cruisers for $7,500, Sebrings for $11,500, and Nitros for $9,800.

Not bad prices for your kids or nephews/nieces.

#62     May 18, 2009
  3. post a source or i'll assume you're making this up, because i only see 10-15% discounts for 2009s. 2008s might sell 35% off but they're only few thousand available nationwide, and they're the least desirable models/options/colors

#63     May 18, 2009
  4. S2007S

S2007S

They say that Chrysler has about 44,000 cars sitting on lots and GM about 65,000 after these dealers close which in my opinion is not alot.

50% off is pretty crazy deal, I think I would get one at that price, where in the US is this???

#64     May 18, 2009

5. There's a dealer blowing these out right now as we speak, all day long, and I could care less if you believe me.

You don't even have to haggle with this dealer. They're so busy selling cars at $3800 under the dealer invoice, you'd be lucky to get a salesperson on the phone, but if you show up with the cash, you'll get the vehicles I listed above no questions, games, etc.

S2k - PM sent.

Edit - Blackjack, I sent you a PM too, mofo.

#65     May 18, 2009
  6. Bob111

Bob111

#66     May 18, 2009
  7. Porsche now being sucked into the black hole.

Do not buy a new car now. You will get it at just over the cost of storage in 6 months!

#67     May 24, 2009
  8. dealmaker

dealmaker

Do not call your local Dodge dealer and apply the same principles to Porsche. Porsche only produces 100k cars worldwide. Unlike housing where raw land twenty five miles outside city limits have no value thus developers have to build to salvage some value, OEMs can reduce or shut down production rather than produce in a declining market. They do have fixed costs and labor but, its still cheaper for them to scale down or shut.

#68     May 25, 2009