Unsold Cars Around the World

Discussion in 'Economics' started by Debaser82, Mar 1, 2009.

1. yeah I wonder how the battery survives sitting idle for that long. with a parasitic electrical load, they should only last about 4 weeks. even without any current draw, they last about 5 months.

#41     Mar 1, 2009
  2. i've been in the market to replace my daily driver, and i see the prices for new and used cars are good but there's a limit to how low they'll go.

i think the best time to buy was nov 2008 through jan 2009. during that time there was glut of inventory because manufacturers had not cut production enough last fall. as you recall, they didn't forecast things would get this bad. but right now they know things are awful so their production has been trimmed to better match demand.

#42     Mar 1, 2009
  3. gangof4

gangof4

forgot one- the new Camaro is a car that will not be sitting waiting to be sold. if they don't kill the rag top (it's rumoured to be a potential victim of cost cutting), i'll buy one when it comes out late this year/early next. Camaro is a piss in the ocean though, of course, in terms of GM.

#43     Mar 1, 2009
  4. Arjun1

Arjun1

Check out this site:

www.carsdirect.com

They sell many cars at invoice.

#44     Mar 2, 2009
  5. Daal

Daal

Does anyone know if its possible to buy US cars and ship them abroad?

#45     Mar 2, 2009
  6. Bob111

Bob111

of course..i used to be in this business..
    i remember we sold bunch of 1-2 years old(new,but unsold) GM cars back in 90's

#46     Mar 2, 2009
  7. dealmaker

dealmaker

Only if you find a kinky dealer ( new cars). Used cars you can ship them however, I do not believe it will be worth your while at the moment ( markets being so depressed). As for what happened in the 90s, those days are long gone.

#47     Mar 2, 2009
  8. Daal

Daal

It would be for personal use. My sis bought a car for $1100 while she lived in Orange County. That is an absurd price compared to where I live, and I heard some are cheaper than that. I mean I dont think I can anything that still turns on for less than $4000 in brazil

#48     Mar 2, 2009
  9. Some countries impose HUGE taxes on car purchases. Could that be the case in Brasil?

#49     Mar 2, 2009
  10. Bob111

Bob111

there is must be a reason for that..my guess -it's because of high customs fees on imports-

http://en.allexperts.com/q/Brazil-129/2008/7/Car-import.htm

#50     Mar 2, 2009