Unofficial TWS bug thread

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by TWS_Beta_Tester, Apr 7, 2009.

1. Bob111

Bob111

same s*t on one account.

#71     Jun 22, 2009
  2. usman88

usman88

In TWS when I click on Trades>Summary (in the top bar) it usually shows me in correct profit. Sometimes it even shows incorrect number of buys and sells.

I am using Build 894.4

#72     Jun 25, 2009
  3. I know nobody else here uses IB's charts, but one little issue that just cropped up is that the bar that was last touched by the mouse stays highlighted indefinitely (no double-click, no right-click needed), or until you touch another bar.

Not a big deal - just a little annoying.

#73     Jun 26, 2009
  4. Rex

Rex

I'm using the chart grouping function in IB's TWS.

As I tab through the stocks in the order management window the Javaw.exe memory use increases without ever decreasing.

Each time I tab to another stock, TWS uses another 5,000k memory.

Problem is it never releases the memory.

This continues until program reaches its max memory limit (currently set at 1 gig) and the freezes.

I have to use task manager to kill TWS and reload.

Vista 32 bit
    2.2 dual core pentium
    latest TWS
    latest Java

-Rex

#74     Jul 1, 2009
  5. TWS has recently been upgraded to 898.4. Are you happy with its performance and reliability, or do you think 890.6 is still the most trustworthy version (as suggested by kiwi_trader)?

Comments invited!

#75     Oct 4, 2009
  6. gkishot

gkishot

Have you sent problem ticket to their customer support?

#76     Oct 4, 2009
  7. Subdude

Subdude

This is utterly annoying. I don't use the completed order filter and yet TWS seems to want to remind me that it's there constantly. IB tech support apparently believes it can be cancelled by simply hovering the mouse over it (like I wouldn't figure to try that without them).

Anyone run into this yet?

#78     Nov 23, 2009
  8. pcvix

pcvix

If you click on the "completed order filter" icon, a TWS Configuration/Orders window will appear. Just check "never blink."

#79     Nov 24, 2009
  9. For the record. I dropped 890.6 with the last upgrade and went to 898.4 with Java 1.6.0_16.
    Its been good.

I have had cause to bring stuff up with TWS charts a couple of times - all I can say is Thank (name your deity) for Sierra Chart.

#80     Nov 24, 2009