Unofficial TWS bug thread

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by TWS_Beta_Tester, Apr 7, 2009.

1. Bob111

Bob111

i was looking into few options quotes today. have no idea what the hell IB's IV is showing. 1.5564987%, while implied vola on yahoo website is 22-24% on XLE options. IB have like 5 different IV options in their "options" columns in TWS and not one of them is correct.
    second thing-while i was adjusting width of the columns on my 'option' page to fit that retarded IV columns-the width automatically adjusted on all pages,even after i clicked-no, i dont want IV columns on other pages, only on this one. yet -width of the ALL columns on ALL pages is messed up now. once again-for 15 f** years we are talking BASIC things and settings- a WIDTH of the column!!! that doesn't work as it suppose to. basic programming practices. unbelievable

#401     Dec 23, 2014
  2. dst

dst Interactive Brokers

Hi Bob111, it is nice to see you, I was getting afraid you have no more complaints about TWS.

Right click on the column header that shows IV and flip the format from daily to annual (sounds like yahoo shows vol in annual terms); you can do the same by going to Config - Volatility and Analytics - Volatility Units

Sounds like you share layout across pages - in that setup changes done in shared layout will apply to all pages. You can alter your setup by right clicking the tab, settings, and in the config that comes up choose "create new layout"

I hope this help, if not - as usual - please feel free to email me.

Happy holidays!

#402     Dec 24, 2014
  3. Bob111

Bob111

Thank you DST! is there is any way to round IV numbers to 2 digits after decimal point? another thing i've noticed today is when i flip pages in TWS from one to another (with very few tickers on each page, all US stocks)- the data in last price,last size,change and % change cells would disappear for couple seconds on SOME stocks and then-come back. or-you click on the page and there is no values in those cells at all,they are empty, and couple seconds later it would show up. anyone else having this problem?

Thank you once again for helping with those issues from prev. post!

#403     Dec 24, 2014
  4. dst

dst Interactive Brokers

There is no way to round IV to 2 decimal points, we'll consider adding it.

Re speed of data arrival for last - everything is working top notch here and there are no other complains from users; if you can upload your error bundle (via help - report problem; in notes please mention those couple of tickers you see delays with) and email (or PM) me your user id you uploaded from - I'll double check further.

#404     Dec 24, 2014
  5. Bob111

Bob111

Thank you! i just noticed this today .I'm going to try to replicate it on different PC's with different OS.if problem persists-then i will follow your suggestions in your prev. post.

#405     Dec 24, 2014
  6. charly0

charly0

There is a new issue with CFDS, orders are not going through or gong thorough selectively.
    instead of orders going live showing a status of light green in Booktrader they show dark blue.
    some CFD tickers you cant issue a buy or sell (orders are in dark blue status)
    some tickers you can buy but cant sell
    I spoke with the trade desk and they had same issue, they directed the issue to tech which doesnt seem to do much about it.
    it happening with even the most liquid names like AAPL C OAS LPI GILD (all CFD tickers) etc.
    try sending limit orders and see what status you will get.
    obviously in dark blue status even if you order is marketable and able to execute, you wont, as its not actually routed live.

#406     Dec 26, 2014
  7. Bob111

Bob111

great start. i have no data on stocks for whatever reason(futures and corp bonds are working fine) and on top of that i got this, if customer clicked on market data subscription manager. on top of that-on one bond order "market cap" message keeps popping up. regardless to what you choose-accept cap, don't cap-whatever. it's just keeps popping. if you choose don't cap-another TWO messages pops up saying- can't modify order. and another one-can not contain field #6590. no wonder i never got filled on this order,even it actively trades any or better than my order price. at this point i'm sure that the order wasn't routed anywhere and just sits on IB's servers with order status green. creating illusion of order,submitted to exchange. great start,SSDD

PS-if you click on msg. center button -same shit-you can't get to the account page.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2015
    #407     Jan 2, 2015
  8. Bob111

Bob111

can't login into IB account from their web page either

#408     Jan 2, 2015
  9. banco

banco

Same. I wonder if everyone has suddenly realized they need to sign up for market data?

#409     Jan 2, 2015
  10. Bob111

Bob111

great demostration of how many people here are actually trade. actively. anyway-i was finally able to log in into my account on their website, reached market data page. looks like they now charge $10(?) for the 'value' bundle that can't even provide accurate L1 data. that bundle box was use to be checked. now unchecked. i did checked it once again and when i press next or whatever button to confirm the subscription-i got this. i spend less than 5 min after i log into my account. yet-expired. great!
    btw- paid subscription for bonds working fine. but paid subscription for ARCA book($10) -not showing any data. why now? it's not a part of the 'bundle'. makes me wonder if it's working at all?(ARCA on my account). maybe i was paying for it all that time,but IB is not showing data coming from ARCA to me?

#410     Jan 2, 2015