Unofficial TWS bug thread

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by TWS_Beta_Tester, Apr 7, 2009.

1. Now if IB's developers could somehow show us our future trade executions, they would really be on to something.

#31     Apr 14, 2009

2. lol, apparently.

I just tested the maximize/minimize screen and find another 'glitch'. Maximize works, but restore does not. It leaves a large window, and is not using the proper size / position (its previous size)

Obviously , TWS knows its normal coords, as it starts up fine.

#32     Apr 14, 2009
  3. Bob111

Bob111

:D :D :D
    they "fix" it partially. now if you move mouse on check box it will show you the date. BUT! if you select this day-you not going to see executions anyway. only trades for current day. :)

#33     Apr 14, 2009
  4. The Windows taskbar issue has been has been fixed :)

#34     Apr 15, 2009
  5. I got an email from DAV yesterday. IB was able to duplicate the problem I described, and had corrected it in the latest build.

I'm impressed that DAV or others had read the thread. Spent some time on the problems. Corrected them. First class in my opinion.

I've said before that I've only had to contact IB a handful of times in the years I've traded with them. They've always handled the problems in a polite, and satisfactory way. This time was no different, except that the initial efforts did not solve the problem. I'm impressed that DAV picked up the ball and ran with it.

OldTrader

#35     Apr 16, 2009

6. > OldTrader

I really have to agree with you about DAV. I had a problem with Bid/Ask sizes running below/above the borders of BookTrader in recent versions, which you and I also corresponded about a few months ago. While the problem hasn't been fixed as yet, I was also very impressed by how sincere DAV was in trying to understand and address the problem. Wish every company had support people like DAV.

learner

#36     Apr 16, 2009
  7. moarla

moarla

agree. had a problem 2 weeks ago with transmitted T&S , DAV resolved the problem and 2 days later was a new version available.

#37     Apr 16, 2009
  8. Display optionable stocks in bold. When did that break? Bunch of symbols not working.

#38     Apr 16, 2009
  9. sphedge

sphedge

"close position" "buy" "sell" buttons in booktrader are deactivated during a trade?

I use them to enter a trade but I cannot use them to exit?

I havent used TWS in a while. Is this a bug or a feature? Do I need to configure something somewhere which will ensure that the buttons are active all the time when they should be? (e.g "close position" is only active when a position is on).

Appreciate all the help I can get.

#39     Apr 19, 2009
  10. Bob111

Bob111

on latest and "greatest" 893.9a(!) standalone TWS -try to move the mouse across chart..on decent dual core machine i notice at least 50% spike in CPU resources. barely able to move mouse across the chart.

#40     Apr 23, 2009