Unmasking Obama

Discussion in 'Politics' started by jficquette, Sep 29, 2009.

1. http://www.americanthinker.com/2009/09/unmasking_obama.html

It is now abundantly clear that the image of Barack Obama sold to the American electorate was tightly edited, air-brushed, and exaggerated. He has worn a series of masks -- eloquent orator, brilliant scholar, centrist, and literary sensation. All of these masks are coming off as he copes with a job for which image will not suffice. For instance, hiding behind the eloquent orator mask is a guy who says "uhh" a lot when he is winging it, and who makes lots of factual and grammatical mistakes.

Now, thanks to Jack Cashill, the literary mask has been removed. Obama is a literary pretender. Case closed. The evidence is overwhelming that Bill Ayers ghost-wrote Dreams from my Father, the book which established Obama's pose as a brilliant writer (and therefore a fine mind, in the estimation of many). The stylistic resemblance between the Dreams and Ayers' work is stunning. Now we know, thanks to Chris Andersen's new book,that Obama hit a brick wall trying to fulfill his contract to produce a book, and shipped off his notes and tapes to Ayers. That is the classic description of a ghost writer's assignment. And it completely fits the theories Cashill had inferentially reasoned from the data of his literary studies

2. Ghost writing is BAU.
    If I come up with an idea of how to play the markets and hand off that idea to someone else to come up with a way to systematize it, you could reasonably say that's ghost writing.
    Or, you could call it delegation.
    Only so many people are original thinkers. Everyone else: water carriers. Yes, you can't live without water. But only some people know how to get that water from where it is to where it needs to be to acquire money/power/women/fame, or even and merely food.

3. A. Obama claimed he wrote the books himself.
    B. Obama claims he has no affiliation with Ayers other than him being "just a guy in the neighborhood"
    C. Obama is a lying onion and the layers are starting to fall off rapidly.

4. Or you call it lying if you claim to have written the system yourself.

5. First of all, as I said, ghost writing is normal stuff. I'm sure if I dug just a bit I could find ghostwritten stuff done for right wing pols. It's not exactly unusual. It may not be fair, but since when is that an issue?
    Second of all, yes, if I come up with the ideas on how the system is supposed to work, it's mine. The guy who codes it up is just building the plumbing; he didn't have an original idea of his own, and his rent is being paid by my mind and my ideas, not his. I could code the stuff if I were forced to, but division of labor was invented for a reason: both of us make more if he sticks to what he knows and I do what I know.

6. Ricter

Ricter

This is useful. Everything blamed on Obama must now be blamed on others.

7. Unless you can credibly prove that the alternative (McCain) was better, all this moronic high fiving/I told you so and trying to make Obama into an empty suit serves no purpose. And nobody here can prove McCain was better.

8. And talking about McCain does?

Fucking brilliant.

9. Were you dropped on your head as a child? During the campaign you can bring up anything you want, as soon as the guy assumes office, people need to forget Ayers, Jeremia Wright, etc and concentrate on Obama's decisions as president. Obama was better than McCain in november and I would make the very same choice now.

10. Ricter

Ricter

Wow, did you ever miss the point.

#10     Sep 29, 2009