unknown trading ^_^

Discussion in 'Journals' started by cir0, Jun 10, 2018.

1. cir0

cir0

Hello boys and girls!

Welcome to my blog, where i'd love to share my experience in daytrading US stocks, swing trading EU/RUS/US stock markets and some investment holdings, mainly dividend and for 3+ years, that feed my two lovely cats :) Maybe not all of them i'll show, coz of tiny liquidity of some holdings, but i hope to share as much as possible + have some smart conversations.

Few words about me: i live in EU, ENG in not my native language, I have been studying finance&financial management in several countries, been working many different dirty and hard jobs during my teenage and young years etc. etc.

So, feel free to follow and comment your thoughts ^_^

2. Palindrome

Palindrome

Welcome, We can't wait for this to get started! excellent subject line too.

cir0 and Maverick2608 like this.
  3. JETLIU

JETLIU

are you Chinese

cir0 likes this.
  4. cir0

cir0

Hello guys! So sorry for being not able to answer, i got sick :( but it feels better and tomorrow is goig to be a 1st daytrading day :) i hope so ))

ps. nope, im not Chinese.

pss. im going to watch England-Belgium game in Russia on 27th, i guess , so, it's gonna be only 7-8 trading days for me in June, but lets start smooth and without any aggressive moves as i see US stock market kinda stuck between levels and quarter reporting is over, so, not much fun.

5. cir0

cir0

So, here we go ^_^

Day trading
    Start capital is 3721,79$ + some ''other'' money just for being able to avoid pdt rule in US.
    15-22 June (6 days traded)
    10 240 sh. traded
    gross profit +5,52 BPS
    # of losers 13 (39,4%)
    # of winners 20 (60,6%)
    ratio avg. winner to avg. loser = 1,69
    net ROI is 11,4%

My opinion: Nice week with only 1 day out of 6 was red. However, i'm not satisfied with avg. win vs avg. lose ratio, it might be a sign that i do not take full potential from my winners. I believe 3,5+ would be a lovely ratio, while my accuracy was 60,6% that seems ok, but again, my target is above 70% here :) need to work a lot here!

Invesments/swing trading
    Yesterday i bought MBT (nyse) 1200 sh. @ 8,52 (but got somewhat 8,515 inside the spread) for dividends + it is going to be my 4th time with this russian telecom stock for growth somewhat btw 10-12$; I aim at 25-40% return within 6-9 months. Also looking for OGZD (london) Gazprom's div + growth, let's see if it hits my 'buy levels', then i'm in but for now 4.2-4.3 is too much.

Next week i'll be able to trade only on Monday and that's sad, but football is calling ! ^_^
    Cheers!

Smile everyday :)

6. Mo06

Mo06

"gross profit +5,52 BPS"

Do you mean 552 basis points ?

What sort of leverage (if any) are you employing ?

Good results, well done.

cir0 likes this.
  7. cir0

cir0

Hi! Nice to see you here :)

I would say 'Ciro's basis points' :D 1 BPS = gross money earned divided by lot size i'm taking into each trade. That is made for comparison purpose, coz money ratio might be tricky, but whenever i will double/triple etc. my trading size in one trade - it will show precise returns that allows to judge my profitability in line with other metrics.

About leverage - currently i take 1 lot per trade for stocks in 25-110 $ range, that is hard to manage position (basically u cannot do so) and paying x2,5+ commission fees from normal one. So, it is from 2 500 to 11 000$ capital employed on a single trade. I am OK to risk with 3721,79$ - that is the capital to manage. Technically i do not take any leverage as my acc is 30k$+ , but as i said - available for daytrading is 3721,79$ and therefore i take leverage from 0 to 3 times :)
    Thanks!

Today i decided to check where is my place on "Kaliningrad arena" stadium... and was a bit disappointed coz i've paid 210$ for best available category on FIFA webpage and got almost the worst possible seat from that category. I have attached a pic where yellow circle is my sector i've got in ticket.
    But after all, in the end of my life - will i regret for poor seat on football game or not having last iphone? Nope! So, life is good !

[​IMG]

8. cir0

cir0

June is over for me in sense of trading. Today +0,93 BPS. Lost tons of opportunities, BUT it's better to end up the month green than red, right?

Now it's time to pack luggage and go for small holiday (6 days @ WC2018 RUS). Pic. later on...

9. cir0

cir0

Day trading

2-6 July (4 days traded)
    4 400 sh. traded
    gross profit -0,23 BPS
    # of losers 8 (50%)
    # of winners 8 (50%)
    ratio avg. winner to avg. loser = 0,92
    net ROI is -1,8%

My opinion: Harsh week for me. Just came from holiday. As the US market had a day off in the middle of the week... market was weird for me. Nevertheless, i made few big mistakes and my result reflects it fully :) That week was poor! BUT it is new week - new opportunities. Let's focus and stay disciplined! :)

Invesments/swing trading
    I'll keep my investment into MBT (nyse). Received dividends about 0,63$ net on a stock. Nothing to say as the week was full of real (local) business problems that i and my team was trying to solve. It seems successfully, but tons of stress.

10. cir0

cir0

Day trading

9-13 July (5 days traded)
    10 200 sh. traded
    gross profit +1,02 BPS
    # of losers 18 (50%)
    # of winners 18 (50%)
    ratio avg. winner to avg. loser = 1,21
    net ROI is -0,6%

My opinion: it was good and profitable week before Friday 13th came :D well, half of the # of losers were made today. Today i also faced some bad emotions, coz it was about +2 BPS for the week and i was aiming to do some 0,5+ BPS, but finished as it is...
    net roi is slightly negative because of the fees i pay. As i trade with 1 lot, it is x2,2 expense from normal commission rate. But we will stay strong and all in all i need to gain +9,78 BPS net. As this goal reached - i will move to 150 shared :)
    Next week is the last week i trade in July as i leave for rest in Odessa, Ukraine on Black sea. Let's hope i can make 6 BPS+ next week. And yeap, im going to miss out hot report season.

Invesments/swing trading
    Received dividends from PLZL (London).

Week was also busy + my family came from Milan (ITA) & tomorrow going to go to Sweden for fishing. So, traveling season :)

#10     Jul 13, 2018