University student who whould like some advice

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by Powerpritt, May 12, 2009.

1. LOL ... you just took the words right out of my mouth!

+3

:D :D :D

#21     May 17, 2009
  2. Yep.

And the tradition continues with spydertrader and nkhoi ... the three stooges of SCT Trading.

#22     May 17, 2009
  3. Unfortunately 100 Euros won't cut it to trade. There are FOREX brokers where you can open a account for a minimum of $200 but that wont work either. I tried trading forex several years ago, but its more like gambling. That's just my opinion and there are surely consistently profitable people trading forex, so who knows.

Most people on this site trade stocks and some futures/commodities. In order to day trade stocks you need a minimum of $25,000 to open a account in the US. Eitherwise you need to go the prop route, but I don't advise that for a total newbie.

Another thing I will mention considering you are studying economics, well knowledge of this subject won't make you a good trader. You may understand the "fundamentals" and these get skewed in short-term trading. Fundamentals are more significant in INVESTING.

I would advise you just to read about trading. Just general introductory material...check out the book review here or amazon and select only the best rated books. It's too soon for you to try to start trading and you need more capital.

Good luck

#23     May 17, 2009