University of Michigan’s consumer sentiment report, and other economic data, gets

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by rfriend73, Jun 15, 2013.

1. Humpy

Humpy

Typical shysters market of leaking the data prior to general release. In most countries this is regarded in the same light as insider trading.

A poor show and should be stopped !!!!!!!!!!

#11     Jun 18, 2013
  2. Bob111

Bob111

if SEC was on 'our' side-they should stop this. simply because of high speed traders. just like that,using this particular 'excuse'. markets did changed and so speed of execution-> impact on the market. specially-if there is a 'surprise'.
    this is why those news should be released at one time for all participants. oh well...who am kidding...

#12     Jun 18, 2013
  3. I've been doing this for awhile now, and I learned long ago that the U of Mich number was sold and delivered early. I am an amateur trader so to speak, and yet I have known this for years. For a couple years it was part of a plan to play the number knowing the initial reaction was from the people who paid to have it early, and then work the trade as they took profits off the general release. As with everything it worked for awhile and was great, but then faded.
    Cramer really pisses me off when I see him spewing his shit about how awful it all is, and denying knowledge of the early release. Bullshit, if I knew every pro knew and worked it to their advantage. I was actually starting to enjoy Cramer, and then he starts his crap about this and that he never heard of such a thing. F***ing LIAR

#13     Jun 18, 2013
  4. via ForexFactory calendar: http://www.forexfactory.com/calendar.php#closed
    for Thur Jun 20:
    3:00am est French Flash Manufacturing PMI
    French Flash Services PMI
    3:30am est German Flash Manufacturing PMI
    German Flash Services PMI
    "Data is given to Thomson Reuters subscribers 2 minutes before the public release
    time listed on the calendar - early market reaction is usually a result of trades made
    by these subscribers."

so how much additional data/info does TR also sell ?

#14     Jun 18, 2013