University of Arizona Investments Club Looking for Speakers

Discussion in 'Hook Up' started by kidPWRtrader, Jul 31, 2007.

1. I conduct workshops nationally on commercial real estate investing for RealSource (www.RealSource.net), a company that has been putting its investor clients in markets that appreciate and provide income above national norms since 1989. I would come to Tucson, at no charge, to speak to your investors about "Prime Time Investing," focusing on the power of research, relationships and deals working together for shared outcomes of success. Interestingly, the President and Founder of RealSource, Michael Anderson, lives in Tucson, so would also make himself available for the presentation. I look forward to hearing from you about this opportunity.

#11     Aug 3, 2007
  2. Dustin

Dustin

That's a good thing you are doing. In college as a finance major I always felt there was so little I was learning that could be practically applied. I figured at some point there would be a course that talked about the trading aspect of finance, but nothing touched on the subject.

Also considering I was making more than any of my teachers by trading, it felt like a waste of time.

#12     Aug 3, 2007
  3. I don't think they or we were looking for SPAMMERS...

#13     Aug 3, 2007
  4. Believe me I know what you feel (and have felt it). We have had many speakers in the past in the club... but none that were really good. I don't wish to comment on this further so as not to get in trouble... but its sufficient to say that becoming president, I wanted to take the speaker quality up a few notches to people that actually make money in the markets and not sell systems/recruit clients.

And yes... how funny is it that I want to make a job under the theory that the markets arn't efficient and every teacher tells me that they are? The irony...

#14     Aug 7, 2007
  5. oh, I'd say ol Timmy is interested

http://www.ether.com/CallButton/Tim...aspx?q=GBu7sNQw

before you book him...please do a search for Timmay.

Oh hell, here you go:

http://elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=97976&highlight=timmay

and

http://elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=96322&highlight=timmay

I am not saying anything. But read the information and form your own conclusions. Hint: The first link will mean a whole lot more to you after reading the 2nd and 3rd ones.

#15     Aug 7, 2007
  6. where'd everybody go???

Timmay needs some followers!

#16     Aug 7, 2007
  7. I contacted him and we spoke on the phone.

I'll leave his character judgement up to others. He doesn't seem nearly as big of a dick as everyone else thinks so.

Looking forward to having him speak at our school.

#17     Aug 7, 2007
  8. I pity the students.

#18     Aug 7, 2007
  9. poor bastard

hell if you call me and pay me $50 every 30 minutes I'd be less of a dick than many people think I am too. Shit!

#19     Aug 7, 2007
  10. We're not paying him.

Also, if you are going to be critizing please tell me why he shouldn't be a speaker instead of cluttering the thread with negative garbage.

Actually, I don't want it here. I assume you are made up in your mind so that is fine with me. I'd rather find out for myself though, not from second hand beliefs held about him.

Thanks.

#20     Aug 8, 2007