University goes all Mac

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by james_bond_3rd, Mar 30, 2007.

1. My daughter wanted a Mac since all her buddies at her college music school had them so I thought I would go look up the Apple site and get her one. I always had very good success in the Wintel enviro, but I thought why not try something new? ...learn something new.

Well, I hit their home page looking for some neat detail and here is this video ad with PC people portrayed as clueless, fat vacation detail recording spreadsheet numnuts. That Mac video pissed me off so bad that I just clicked off without a single further look at Apple machines and bought her a the hottest white box on the net and a pot of Win multimedia creation SW.

She loves it. One Mac schoolchum actually bought one like hers because the one of the Win Applications she had solved a problem that he couldn't handle. Talk about Rebels...WinSystems in a fine arts school...he he. That's pretty funny considering the selfassured cockiness from the Apple crowd. I died laughing. Seriously...Apple's arrogance is so great that it obscures their business judgement.

Yep, I admit it...I do spreadsheets and I am a Geek. I run a $5MM company too. Also, in my spare time I make 120 min productions pro bono for local high school show choirs/bands etc. The community loves it. Customized compression, color correction, the whole sheree. With Media Studio Pro under Windows.

You know...if the Apple biz folks gave it some thought, they wouuld probably even agree that it isn't productive to alienate their giant target market on their home page (and national TV) .... but, on the other hand, it did take them 23 years to recognize that they might benefit financially by directly competing in the marketplace.

To Apple's credit. I do like my ShanghaiPod...but of the four our family has had...two croaked from early mortality and had to be replaced. A good company needs to have more than innovation. A Quality Product that will work for more than 6 months would be a good start...even if they could ramp up to the 3 Sigma level.

A good dose of humility would go a long way... maybe I will look at them again in 2012 when my youngest daughter heads to school....at least to see if I can get past their home page.

Ha!:D

#11     Aug 1, 2007
  2. See.. Touchy... Nothing like being self assured. LOL.....

#12     Aug 1, 2007
  3. Anyone ever see a trading workstations outfitted with Macs? I haven't, but I'd be interested to see a pic if someone can post one.

#13     Aug 12, 2007