Universal Trend Trading

Discussion in 'Journals' started by luckyputanski, Aug 4, 2011.

1. Handle123

Handle123

Do you use trailing stops on profitable trades? Do you use chart patterns for exits or is it Math based method for exits. I am seeing triple top in Platinum going back to Feb 2012, I got long during summer basing, and if it doesn't make a mad dash for new highs, getting out.

I don't use trailing stops much at all, I found they would cheat of extended moves, often times I just go to weekly bar charts, and not till near end of a move will I place a stop on Fridays, Stop close only, unless I am thinking of reversing.

Much luck, and I am not trading against you, trading really brings out childish responces from some people.

#361     Oct 9, 2012
  2. LEAPup

LEAPup

You're over trading lucky.

#362     Oct 9, 2012
  3. Forgot to write about opened short EurJpy @ 100.81
    Opened short EurUsd @ 1.2854
    Opened long UsdChf @ 0.9394

Account Value 150k

#363     Oct 10, 2012
  4. Ok,
    I didn't post for a while as my account is going from bad to worse, but I think it's good time for an update. Account Value is lower than it was at the time of last post, but not much lower.
    Last two years (or year and a half for me) were awful. Harding has first two losing years in a row. JWH is closing shop. Dunn is in big draw down. Combination of trend following methods is in the red:
    http://www.automated-trading-system.com/state-of-trend-following-in-october/
    Even legends all together are in the red:
    http://www.automated-trading-system.com/trend-following-wizards-september-2012/
    This was september, I'm waiting for an update but I'm sure it will be worse.
    Only ET dreamers think they can always make money, I'm not one of them. Is it the end of trend following? Seriously doubt it. Is it the end of my system? Don't think so, but I will switch it off when it gets to cut off point. Still far to go.
    Of course I don't like losing, but it made me concentrate on other methods, and that was beneficial to me.
    I see some posts are starting to pop up and they all say trend following is dead. For me it means the big ride is coming. Maybe this month, maybe next year.
    As someone much smarter than myself said: "I know I will make money, just don't know when and in what market".
    I will start posting entries and exits when my account goes back to 200k. On my real account I might start trading options, as that's what I'm working on now, but even then will keep demo just for this journal.

#364     Nov 12, 2012