'Universal' accounts

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by powerfade, Apr 15, 2007.

1. I was just wondering if there are any other established firms besides Interactive Brokers and Red Sky which offer 'universal' accounts - that is, accounts out of which you can trade at least equities and futures. I did a search for universal accounts but didn't have much luck.

2. This got posted a while after I submitted, maybe because it's my first post here. Just a quick bump...

3. tiddlywinks

tiddlywinks

4. Daal

Daal

-

5. Trading futures with MB should be done with caution when using the data feeds. CS is top notch, though.

Think or Swim offers futures, although the commissions are steep, and they are mainly options. Both MB and TOS clear through Penson, so perhaps you should look specifically for brokers that clear through Penson, to see if they offer it.

6. Ok, thanks. I called TOS today and the guy I spoke to was very businesslike, didn't want to chat or sell me in any way, which is actually a good sign. They get very good reviews here, anyway.

Yes, I was specifically looking for brokers who clear through Penson, so that is also a plus. I'll have to do a search tonight for all the brokers that clear through them, shouldn't be too difficult to find

7. I've been to the offices myself, they're real. :) I think the best things they offer are the software, and the web based trading platform. CS is also a step above the rest.

8. Very good, thanks again.