United States Proposes Issuing Tax Refunds In Form of Treasury Notes (IOUs)

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by ByLoSellHi, Sep 6, 2009.

1. That was my first thought. They just finished the C4C, looking at doing the same with appliances, all to get people in DEBT. They encouraged people who had a paid for vehicle to go in debt for a new one. When the govt says they are here to help, turn and run like there's no tomorrow. To even suggest that its all about "increasing savings" is total bullshit.

#21     Sep 7, 2009
  2. lrm21

lrm21

Fkbushite is proof zombies exist, and they get a monthly allowance from organizing for america to post shit on the internets

#22     Sep 7, 2009
  3. I am amazed that so many people wait to get tax refunds. You can simply increase your deductions by one or two so that you owe a little tax at the end of the year rather than always getting a refund. Why let the government keep your money interest-free all year? Your accountant can tell you how many deductions to claim to avoid paying too much in taxes throughout the year. I do not remember the exact rule, but as long as you do not owe too much in taxes at the end of the year, there are no penalties or interest. Just don't do this if you live paycheck to paycheck and have no savings.

#23     Sep 7, 2009
  4. achilles28

achilles28

Yea. Its nuts. Argentina couldn't handle their payments, so they debased, froze accounts, nationalized. Real income was cut in half, after it was all said 'n done. They went from first world, to third world in 5 years. Guess who paid for it?

#24     Sep 7, 2009
  5. Why don't you use the "ignore list"? If you go up to "Your Account" and the on the page it takes you too, you will see a link to "Edit Ignore List" Click that baby - add fksuhites and you won't have to deal with that moron perma-troll ! I put that moron on ignore - it has been excellent - same place I put the moron stock_trad3r - gone - right in the ignore list :D

-gastropod

#25     Sep 7, 2009
  6. HotTip

HotTip

Thanks for the tip!

#26     Sep 7, 2009
  7. Lethn

Lethn

Sucks to be young in this day and age, I wonder where I'll be when World War 3 hits.

Honestly though, I really don't like where this whole thing is going. America is the spoilt rich bastard of the world and when everyone starts ignoring it and not giving any attention I don't want to be around it when it starts making even more noise. Hopefully China or some other country will eventually have the balls to tell it to shut up and smack it upside the head without too much bother to the rest of us.

Edit: Do I remember correctly that it was Germany which tried doing the same thing when the recession hit it?

#27     Sep 7, 2009