United States Proposes Issuing Tax Refunds In Form of Treasury Notes (IOUs)

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by ByLoSellHi, Sep 6, 2009.

1. achilles28

achilles28

#11     Sep 7, 2009
  2. I agree!!! Scary and sad as that may sound - I agree.

Lately, I have come to see Einstein as a genius - not because of the theory of relativity or any other scientific theory, but because he had the brains to pull him and his family out of Nazi Germany, before it got too bad!!! IIRC, when he left his home, the Germans "raided" his home - and declared him a terrorist...because he had butter knives in his house - no joke - butter knives!!!

My only question is to myself: Will I have the brains to get the heck out, before it gets too bad here?

-gastropod

#12     Sep 7, 2009
  3. Excellent point. Always be leery of any option that requires proactive action on the part of the one being imposed on.

It's akin to the mail order company that says they'll keep shipping goods to you and billing you for things until you send them a notice to stop.

#13     Sep 7, 2009
  4. EXACTLY!!! How many jackasses have "new" "Girls Gone Wild" videos...because they didn't "opt out" - IIRC - Girls gone wild *aka Mantra Entertainment" has been sued for this many times!

-gastropod

#14     Sep 7, 2009
  5. same here... hard choice...

#15     Sep 7, 2009
  6. and where to go ?

#16     Sep 7, 2009
  7. Arnie

Arnie

Argentina, you say?.................

Barack Obama accused of making 'Depression' mistakes

Barack Obama is committing the same mistakes made by policymakers during the Great Depression, according to a new study endorsed by Nobel laureate James Buchanan.

By Edmund Conway
    Published: 9:55PM BST 06 Sep 2009

Comments 83 | Comment on this article

History repeating itself? President Obama has been accused by some economists of making the same mistakes policymakers in the US made in the Great Depression, which followed the Wall Street crash of 1929, pictured Photo: AP
    His policies even have the potential to consign the US to a similar fate as Argentina, which suffered a painful and humiliating slide from first to Third World status last century, the paper says.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/...ma-accused-of-making-Depression-mistakes.html

#17     Sep 7, 2009
  8. its a pretty clever way of packaging an idea to borrow from taxpayers at a negative interest rate backed by an asset that is diluting faster than the speed of light. i can see the sheople responding well to it. sounds way better than cali's " we are broke so we are issuing toilet paper IOU's"

#18     Sep 7, 2009
  9. and what solutions do you suggest once these "monkeys" are out of the way? Command and control economy?

#19     Sep 7, 2009
  10. HotTip

HotTip

Fucking imbecile.

#20     Sep 7, 2009