United States is the most admired country globally thanks largely to Obama and team

Discussion in 'Politics' started by tmarket, Oct 5, 2009.

1. [​IMG]

2. How timely.

Obama - no olympics.

Newsflash - US most admired.

We wouldn't want to damage Obama's self esteem. Here's your trophy.

3. aegis

aegis

WTF has Obama done to "gain respect" from other countries? So far, he hasn't accomplished much of anything.

Am I missing something here?

4. Exactly, just like the articles on how "obama meets with top commander in Afghanistan" after the news on how he has spoken to him 1 time, was broken.

lol!!

This administration is always playing damage control, they obviously don't have much confidence in themselves.

5. Rest of the world equally stupid as Americans?

6. Ricter

Ricter

No. I mean yes! I mean... dammit!

7. That is not true about Obama being in the poll as a reason. The media is trying to say its because the US went up in the polls however no personalities were in the poll.

"The global survey, conducted by GFK Roper Public Affairs & Media, involved 20,000 people in 20 rich and developing countries around the globe. They were asked to rate 50 nations in categories such as culture, governance, people, exports, tourism, landscape and education:

Just more leftist dribble.

8. Ricter

Ricter

You are correct, it could be for other reasons than Obama. What else has changed about the US significantly in the past year?

9. 7 years after 9/11 and in the middle of two wars against muslim fundamentalists americans elected a black guy with a muslim middle name to be their president. No predominantly white country has ever done that, no country will in the foreseeable future. The US and the american people obviously deserve the admiration for their open-mindedness and "color-blindness", the president - not necessarily. He has not done nothing yet.

10. Ricter

Ricter

Excellent argument for why Obama IS the reason. I asked for alternative reasons. By the way, he's not black.

#10     Oct 5, 2009