United States Federal Reserve= Helpless

Discussion in 'Economics' started by myminitrading, Mar 28, 2007.

1. They have very little room to maneuver, raise rates crush the equity markets, cut rates crush the US dollar. Crude oil is calling the shots.

If this country were not so leveraged and up to our eye balls in debt the fed would have some credibility. Right now they have no leverage and ZERO credibility.

Is this how we americans like our precious country run? Slaves to foreign creditors.

2. Thomas Jefferson said:

"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issuance of their currency, first by inflation and then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all their property until their children will wake up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered."

3. I guess that is why the fed is on hold, they feel they don't have to do anything. Whats your point?

4. Just another piker starting a thread. Citing crude oil calling the shots gives it away.

5. empee

empee

TJ was the man! Amazingly insightful.

6. They cant do anything if they wanted to, thats my point, helpless helpless, helpless.

7. John Paul Jones,Patrick Henry,Samuel Adams,Washington,Jefferson,Monroe,Lincoln,Grant,Lee,Edison,Mark Twain.

Were are my heroes when I need them?

8. Better that they convince the President, Congress and the people to act in a fiscally responsible manner than the alternative.

9. Adobian

Adobian

I thought there is this secret team that jumps in to help when necessary

10. #
    now thats a fantastic quote and exactly sums up the financial nightmare that is brewing

#10     Mar 29, 2007