United 93

Discussion in 'Politics' started by gunslinger, Apr 27, 2006.

will you be seeing this movie?

1. yes

12 vote(s)
    41.4%
  2. no

17 vote(s)
    58.6%
  1. Pabst

Pabst

Actually, once again, Whitster took you to school.

#21     Apr 29, 2006
  2. Arnie

Arnie

Yes, it appears someone else has opened a big ol' can of whooopass on Mr Candyass.:D

#22     Apr 29, 2006
  3. Agreed, once again zz is not only owned, but pawned.

#23     Apr 29, 2006
  4. Hi Z, and thanks for the response. We are still waiting for some guidance re: some of the other assertions you have made in the past few months, but I'll leave that alone for now - I believe I have documented them pretty thoroughly.

You responded, but failed to answer my question. In the above we see you saying that the very thought of the attacks should be enough to move nitro - he shouldn't have to go and see the movie. But now you seem to be saying that the thought of the attacks doesn't move you, nor does the tragedy. If this is the case, why would you use the phrase 'Oy Vey!' to describe someone who is not moved by the thought of the tragedy?? This is very confusing to me.

Anyway, this is a side issue. The main question I have for you is this - how do you reconcile the surprise you evinced above, that anyone would need anything other than the knowledge of the fact of an atrocity to be moved by it, with the fact that you suggested a good joke would be to suggest that a fellow member's kids might be the subject of pedophilic attacks?

Any further clarifications would be appreciated.

#24     Apr 30, 2006
  5. Hi Z

Just wanted to try to reconcile these statements with earlier statements you made regarding the origin of human life on earth. You have been quoted as saying that the earth is exactly 1,967,476,878 years old. When you were asked whether the actual number might be 1,967,476,877 years or 1,967,476,879 years, you responded by saying that the number you provided was the exact age.

Can you confirm that this claim was, in your opinion, an action based in reason? If so, could you provide the reasoning behind it? I find this somewhat difficult to understand.

Also, would you say that your joking suggestion that a fellow member should have it suggested to him that his children might be the subject of pedophilic attacks was an action based in 'reason'?

Thanks, Nik

#25     Apr 30, 2006
  6. Pabst the teacher and moderator, who makes posts like this:

Pabst

04-28-06 07:57 PM
    Hitler With Tits? You're one sick fuckin' dude......

#26     Apr 30, 2006
  7. Post links to quotes.

#27     Apr 30, 2006
  8. Already have... many times. However, let's just start with the quotes from this thread - how about that. That should be easy enough. Let's deal with the 'age of the world' issue and it's relation to your assertions about the use of reason after that.

We await your response.

#28     Apr 30, 2006
  9. Response:

Post links to quotes.

#29     Apr 30, 2006
  10. I'm not talking about the other threads - I am talking about your statements to nitro in this thread and my requests for clarifications, based on your subsequent comments regarding your preference for the use of 'reason'. How can I link you to a post that is in this thread itself??

Here, I'll try

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?threadid=68135

This is a link to this thread. This one, the one you are reading right now. Look at my posts 19, 6 and 5 before this one, respectively.

How's that?

We await your response.

#30     Apr 30, 2006