Unison Homeowner Program

Discussion in 'Economics' started by trader99, Nov 22, 2017.

1. johnmc21

johnmc21

Did you ever go through with it? I've recently come across Unison and I'm intrigued. Definitely interesting that they let you pay it off at anytime so presumably you could just wait until the next housing recession to paid it off.

#11     Nov 8, 2018
  2. BriGuy832

BriGuy832

I too am interested in this opportunity. I see a profit in two main ways: 1. arbitrage by investing in something that allows for returns that payoff the investment prior to the required 30 year repayment period; 2. A RE market downturn, allowing for repayment at a lower amount than initially invested.

Thoughts?

#12     May 20, 2019
  3. ironchef

ironchef

You sell them some sort of a call option on your house.

#13     May 20, 2019
  4. It's been a while and I'm curious if anyone has tried and what they think so far.

#14     Jun 13, 2019
  5. You say you only have 60% of the property rights...clarification, you have 100% of your property rights. They are only taking 40% of profit from their increase of value from the purchase....unless I'm missing something.

#15     Jun 13, 2019
  6. ironchef

ironchef

For the investor, it is head I win, tail you lose. They get back their initial investment +2.5% + transaction cost + 40% of whatever future appreciations.

#16     Jun 13, 2019