Today I got something interesting in the mail. Unison Homeowner Program seems too good to be true. I'm trying to think through and work through the math. You can read it here: https://www.unison.com/homeowner-7/ Here's the review for the program here: https://ptmoney.com/unison-homeowner-review/ So, basically, they are offering me a nice chunk of interest free home equity in exchange for equity participation. There's a 2.5% transaction fee plus closing cost. So total cost maybe $5-$7K. But since it's an investment and not a loan, there are no monthly interest payments. And the homeowner equity they give you can last up to 30years before you need to pay it back to them. I'm thinking I can just put this nice chunk in a relatively safe interesting bearing or bond account. Even at 1-2% over 30 years it will more than enough to cover the 2.5% transaction fee of roughly $5k-$7K. The catch is that when you sell your house they get up to 40% of the upside. I know it's ridiculous. You can't sell before 3 years. I plan to stay in my house for life. And you can buy them out without needing to sell your house. It means you will pay back the home equity back and they participate in any upside. https://www.unison.com/blog/kb/can-buy-unison-without-selling-home/ And they can't force you to sell your house https://www.unison.com/blog/kb/decides-partnership-ends-can-force-sell-house/ The reason I'm interested is because I think we might be near a top of the RE market. If we are at the top, then it seems like an attractive offer. If real estate continues to go up then the offer is not that great. If rates continue to go up especially if it ever goes to 5% for a savings account then this is really great. 5% on a nice chunk of home equity compounded for 30 years is sweet. https://www.marketwatch.com/story/s...r-treasury-yield-crosses-this-line-2017-11-22 The best case scenario is RE goes down, I get "free" money and I can just put in a high interest bearing account or bonds and let it compound. I would not wait for 30 years to buy back. If my timing is correct if and when the RE market crashes and finally bottom out then I will buy them out. haha. What you guys think? It's worth it?? I'll wait a few more months to see how the bond market is acting.. What can go wrong?