Unionomics

Discussion in 'Economics' started by MKTrader, Mar 3, 2011.

1. Atheist

Atheist

Poor me, I'm a car builder living in Detroit, a union man of course. Slaving away at no more than 30-ish hours a week per union rules at a auto factory. Barely scraping by on my 100 grand+ (wage + benefits) a year.

I know the auto industrial has been in decline since the 50's but my skill is not COMPLETELY transferable to a mechanic or a machinist. And I REALLY REALLY do not want to learn a new skill because my union will take care of me.

I know I should have saved some money so I can move out of this hell hole called Detroit. But I rather get another 6 pack so I'm stuck in this hell hole working in a auto factory at a slave wage. But my union rep tell me he will take care of me.

I know every car my company sell loses money and the more they sell the more they lose. As grim as my life is I'm not worry because my union rep tell me he will take care of me.

Even if my company file for bankruptcy, I'm not worry because my union rep tell me we're too big to fail and the TAX PAYER will take care of me. I said amen to my union brethren and I love you.

BTW. I'm not gay. Not that there is any thing wrong with that.

#21     Mar 7, 2011
  2. In Praise of Extreme Public Union Lunacy in San Jose

Hardly a week goes by in which I do not see examples of extreme public union idiocy. Nonetheless, it is rare to see an entirely new concept prop up. Here's a new one.

Pete Constant, a San Jose Councilman wants to answer his own phone. However, union rules dictate that he have a $70,000 assistant he does not even want. What's even more ridiculous is the union has sent this matter to the courts to resolve.

Please consider Internal Affairs: The fight over Councilman Constant's missing secretary

At a time when San Jose faces more than a $100 million budget deficit and the prospect of hundreds of layoffs, San Jose City Councilman Pete Constant is battling with a City Hall employees' union over whether he should be forced to hire an administrative assistant.

http://globaleconomicanalysis.blogspot.com/2011/03/in-praise-of-extreme-public-union.html

#22     Mar 7, 2011