Union Demands Detroit Water Dept. Keep Horseshoer

Discussion in 'Politics' started by pspr, Aug 20, 2012.

1. 377OHMS

377OHMS

Been kicked, bitten, stepped on, thrown, dragged and knocked unconscious when a mare (a real beauty named Jasmine) reared and cracked me in the forehead with the back of her head. I mucked out stalls and shoveled more shit than a young man ever should.

Yeah, real fantasy childhood. :D

#11     Aug 20, 2012
  2. pspr

pspr

That's not how I pictured horse ownership to be. :(

#12     Aug 20, 2012
  3. When I was a little boy about 6 or 7 years old, we lived in the country and a neighbor came over with his horse, Silver. (Named after the lone rangers horse) He was a teenager and he was talking to my parents and I wanted to sit on the horse because I had never sat on a horse. So he put me up on the horse while he & my parents were talking. So of course I had seen shows where the guy riding grabs the reins and yells "Giddy up" and kicks the horse in the side so being a kid, of course, I had to do that. The horse takes off and I'm screaming trying to hold on for dear life. Somehow the kid was able run and catch up to the horse after about 100 meters or so, pull me off the horse as its galloping and set me on the ground. Then I see him running off down the road yelling at his horse to stop. No idea how I stayed on or how he caught up to the horse to get me.

The next time I rode a horse was about 25 years later and it bit my forearm. I didnt even know horses snapped at people with their teeth like dogs do. Needless to say, I don't like horses and they don't like me.

#13     Aug 20, 2012