Unfair Mortgage plan

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by millionaire7, Feb 12, 2009.

1. S2007S

S2007S

Why should anyone be bailed out, doing this is just going to slow down the process of the housing bottom to come later than sooner. This is keeping housing prices up where they should not be, the rise in housing prices over the last 2 decades was completely artificial, especially the last 5-7 years alone where housing prices surged between 100-200%. The should just let the pieces of the puzzle fall where they have to fall instead of trying to fix a problem that CANNOT be fixed.

#21     Feb 13, 2009
  2. Sadly, quite the contrary.
    When the Dems are thru giving $$ to everyone who doesn't work, then those on the receiving end are the new voter base.
    If you don't think the Dems will bankrupt us for 100s of years to achieve their ends, think again.
    (I don't care for Reps either!)

#22     Feb 13, 2009
  3. esjockey

esjockey

Know who he is, but don't know him & haven't read him.
    He must have been quoting me.

The nature of wealth isn't that hard to understand. It just takes a little serious thought.

In real world economics, everything is transactions. Wealth is created (or quantified) in voluntary transactions. It is destroyed (or it's destruction quantified) in involuntary transactions, i.e. those employing force on one side. Transactions with government are generally involuntary.

Obviously a simplification, but maybe a starting point for that serious thought.

#23     Feb 13, 2009
  4. Maybe they don't exist. Maybe I'm a little frustrated and just ranting. If you can't rant on a bulletin board, where the hell else can you rant? I'm sure everyone agrees, it's a tough situation we are in right now. Infighting will do little to resolve the problem.

#24     Feb 13, 2009
  5. gnome

gnome

That is EXACTLY THE THREAT [well, one of them] NObama brings to the table...

If we allow this to become ingrained into our society, we should expect our children and grandchildren to some day resent us for our greed.... AND TO RESENT US FURTHER FOR DEPRIVING THEM OF A LIFETIME OF OPPORTUNITIES.

#25     Feb 13, 2009
  6. esjockey

esjockey

Her tax rate is already negative. You're not aware of that? And you vote?

A good first step back toward freedom would be to address the worst conflict of interest out there. Stop allowing recipients of government payments to vote for the people who pay them.

I worked in local government for 25yrs and, on principle, never voted in the local elections that selected my employers. But I could have, and it should not have been allowed.

#26     Feb 14, 2009
  7. Mvic

Mvic

http://www.yourmoneypage.com/family/rebate2008a.php

Might be worth checking a few scenarios before just pulling numbers out your butt.

The audacity of hope as I understood it wasn't all about the audacity of those who are paying little to nothing in taxes feeling as though they are somehow entitled to borrowed dollars that they will never have any part in paying back due to their lack of contribution to the federal budget. If you are working and don't pay some federal income tax you really need to shut up about the stimulus because you are a moocher who is just going to get more of a free ride while the rest of us have to pay back the borrowed $s with interest.

Single mom with 2 kids making $10/hr (why does she have 2 kids she can't afford to take care of? Never mind) Gets $1620 credit or 8% subsidy from the federal government (in freality she gets a hell of a lot more because she also qualifies for food stamps, some sort of housing assistence and all sorts of other freebies.

Married with 2 kids making $42-43K $0 in federal income tax. 0%
    Married with 2 kids making $150K $25K 16%
    Married with 2 kids making $250K $55K 22%
    Married with 2 kids making $500K $142K 28%
    Married with 2 kids making $1M $317K 32%

So next time you whine about how you are not getting enough of a subsidy from society to support your lifestyle just crunch some numbers, be grateful and happy you live in a country where your ride is free or subsidized, and then go thank someone you think is rich for carrying your burden for you.

All this crap would stop if everyone just paid an equal amount of each $ they earned, no loopholes, no deductibles.
    www.fairtax.org

#27     Feb 14, 2009
  8. Atheist

Atheist

How about giving the money to the home owners who have been paying their bills instead? At least we know they are the more responsible people.

Also, only people who actual pay taxes gets to vote. Why should someone who lived off my hard earned money gets to vote on how much I should be tax?

#28     Feb 14, 2009
  9. That would disqualify half the Democratic party.

#29     Feb 14, 2009
  10. Arnie

Arnie

How about don't give anybody any money?

Let the banks that made the bad loans go under

Let the investors that bought the (now) worthless CDO's take a loss. There were never sold as "risk free", were they?

Let the borrower that can't make the payments lose their house/car/credit card...whatever.

New money will start new banks, the investors will lick their wounds, but they'll be back. The borrowers get rid of a payment they can't make, so they will have more money. They go back to renting/living with a friend/family. Why do we feel obligated to bail out ANYONE?

It seems we have zero tollerance for anything other than financial bliss.

#30     Feb 14, 2009