Unemployment rate is down -unbelievable!!

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by hajimow, Jul 8, 2005.

1. wizardx

wizardx

Guys, the unemployment rate stays low because you are no longer counted after 6 months. To make the unemployment rate look better without actually increasing employment, all you have to do is let time pass and the unemployed will no longer be part of the statistic

See my previous post on how the number is calculated. This is not some bogus conspiracy formula. Do a search on google and you will see. Also, any economics textbook that talks about the unemployment rate calculation will talk about it too.

Technocally, if you wait long enough, you can have every single person in the country unemployed and the unemployment rate will still say 0%.

Peace.

#41     Jul 11, 2005
  2. This is a very vaild point.

#42     Jul 11, 2005
  3. Thank you, Ratboy and Libertad!! :)

Now how do we profit from housing crash/deflation?

#43     Jul 11, 2005
  4. Benefitiing from US job devaluation and retirement deterioration....

Firstly you eliminate your hard asset exposure in the US...Sell your land..houses..buildings..get rid of all of your debts....

If you are a professional trader...you move to a country that is improving while the US is losing....

Let's say your income in the US is in the top 20% as a professional trader...This same level of income could put you at the top 1% in the other country because the internet is the internet and your job is the same...

The real estate and the currency will fair better to that of the US...as will your children...and their children...Also other countries' people are fed up with Bush Americanism and big brother....quite frankly you will gain respect...and wealth...The quality of your life and surrounding could improve 10 fold or more....

How do I know ?? I am already doing it.....I know that there are others thinking this...or doing this....or have done this....

The internet has changed the worldly opportunities for the professional trader...Also you will find that women that have yet to be "Americanized" will contribute exponentially to your daily personal quality of life...

Hey...the way it is...is the way it is....I am living it every day....I am certain that I am not alone ....

There will be a huge movement in this direction for those that have the balls to execute the plan....

Why concern yourself with the new "Bush Americanism" ???

#44     Jul 11, 2005
  5. mhashe

mhashe

So you moved to the Phillipines?

#45     Jul 11, 2005
  6. Let's just say that privacy is bliss...and no...it is not the Phillipines...I am not familiar with the Phillipines...

However...I would encourage those who find the cards stacked against you in the US...to have the courage to make the changes that will make your environment better...

Hey...it works for me....and I speak from doing it....

The internet has made it possible....

#46     Jul 11, 2005
  7. Thanks for the link ratboy, that's a great article.

This country does not have much left in it, several bubbles at the same time, eroding faith & confidence in the system, rampant inflation, constant loss of jobs with no replacements. The climactic ending is near.

#47     Jul 11, 2005
  8. SteveD

SteveD

LOL, You guys are a riot. Delusional, but funny.

Wait for the government in these great countries to decide they want your money. They stop by and take you outside and machine gun you.

I can name a long list of nations that have practiced that type of wealth distribution in the past and they will most assuredly do it again.

Pray you never run out of Kool Aid

SteveD

#48     Jul 11, 2005
  9. SteveD...........

Excellent commentary.......

Fortunately there are many countries that are not in the category from which you speak...sorry you had bad experiences....

Hey ..I'm just a cowboy..what do I know...

To each his/her own...

The next ten years should prove to be very interesting...

Good luck to you in the US....

#49     Jul 11, 2005
  10. The internet has made it possible.... [/B][/QUOTE]

Although I have made a similar move myself (North not South), the Globalists will be here as I'm sure they will show up on your doorstep as well. I don't think that the NWO is going to maintain my white-hot DSL, either. In fact, the internet is the last thing I will be counting on when "they" pull the plug, no pun intended. Perhaps I will take refuge in the Earth's hollow core. :D

But seriously, how do I short the housing mkt/economy (now tethered together) in a way that pays off when I win?

#50     Jul 11, 2005