Unemployment Rate and Non-Farm Payrolls

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by Bugsy, Aug 7, 2020.

1. Bugsy

Bugsy

Holy shit that's the last time I stay in around that time. Haven't been in futures when they dropped before and In the 15 minutes leading up to and the 15 minutes after I watched my positive $700 turn to negative $1200 in a matter of seconds and I had to sit there with clinched sphincter watching this huge candle bob up and down without panic selling before it finally dropped back down into positive territory again. Next time I'll sit power hour out.

murray t turtle likes this.
  2. "Big Number" and Fed days are usually volatile at least initially... even when the news is merely, "no change" or "as expected".

Bugsy and ffs1001 like this.
  3. CannonTrading_Ilan

CannonTrading_Ilan Sponsor

murray t turtle likes this.
  4. %%
    Congrats, because it could have gone much farther either way;
    + moved much further from a larger move.
    I figured SPY + related would sell off better like QQQ/related.
    Half hour 'till close still looks like a downmove in spy/qqq. Down 1.5% for day + up1.7% for week...…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………..

5. icallgod

icallgod

It happens this way many times. Sometimes I begin to feel some bot is just there controlling the whole thing making sure people don't cash out trading the news. The data is out, price was suppose to move in a certain direction, but boom it moves many pips away, and after many traders hit stop loss it comes back up to heads to its original direction. It is crazy