Unemployment numbers- The ugly truth

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Clubber Lang, Mar 8, 2013.

1. Ricter

Ricter

I admit you were not actually the poster who presented data and concluded with "Obama = fail", but you did say he was right.

But there are big demographic changes underway that have nothing to do with Obama and never have.

Have a look at the LFPR for the past hundred years.

#31     Mar 8, 2013
  2. You're debating with a completely dishonest and disingenous asshole. Sadly, that might even be giving the guy a fair bit of credit (as if he has a clue as to what he is even talking about).

The fact that he cut and pastes just about every Krugman Op-Ed should give you a clue about where the guy is coming from.

#32     Mar 8, 2013
  3. Just admit you got it wrong, commie dog.

#33     Mar 8, 2013
  4. Today's report says that unemployment is is 7.7%.

That number is not true. It's not even close to being true.

http://money.cnn.com/2013/03/08/news/economy/february-jobs-report/

Meanwhile, the unemployment rate dipped to 7.7%, as 12 million workers were counted as unemployed. The drop was partly because more people said they got jobs, but also because 130,000 people dropped out of the labor force.

http://www.bls.gov/lau/stalt.htm

Look at the U6 data.

#34     Mar 8, 2013
  5. Now we're back to square one. If these demographic changes are real, where is the evidence? The lfpr of the last 100 years doesn't in any way prove that our job market is growing now. There are only a few ways the rate can be lower and declining.

1) The labor force is growing faster than the job market.

2) the LF is the same size, and there are a declining number of jobs.

3) a combination of 1 & 2.

Another thing, if the boomers are net retiring early, then everyone seeking a job should be able to find one, and the unemployment rate should be back to it's lows. For every boomer retiree, an unemployed individual should get a job and the LFPR should stay the same, 1 new unemployed, 1 new employed. that isn't the case though, unemployment is still high and the LFPR is still dropping.

#35     Mar 8, 2013
  6. I like to argue. Even though he is an admitted communist, and I agree with just about nothing he says, i don't think ricter is even close to the most dishonest lefty on this board. not even close, imo.

#36     Mar 8, 2013
  7. I disagree...He might be at the top of the list of dishonest lefties. He's not like AK47 or RCG who simply parrot the "talking points" of the left. Instead, he'll simply disregard anything counter to his argument and/or outright disappear from a thread when he can't counter an argument.

Do you really think that a mild mannered guy such as Tsing Tao would hurl profanties at the guy if he weren't such a completely dishonest asshole?

#37     Mar 8, 2013
  8. Or shifted to "disability" or procured one of those college "loans" from Uncle Sugar?

The propoganda machine is in full swing.

#38     Mar 8, 2013
  9. Lucrum

Lucrum

There is nothing logical in that assertion, dumb ass.

#39     Mar 8, 2013
  10. LEAPup

LEAPup

I put him on ignore as I'd rather read what like-minded have to say vs deal with lunatic ramblings with no evidence to back them.

As far as him being dishonest, look at this: http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&postid=3744485#post3744485

Ricter claimed to have once "sailed into port in Orlando; partied on the Orlando beach, and had sex with a local waitress in a pond."

The Orlando seaport... LOL!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't think even Joe Biden would pull a lie that big. Orlando is an hour+ from the OCEAN! LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

The guy should have left ET in disgrace after that MAJOR honors violation, but again, shows the "integrity" the far left democrat (Nazi) party stands for in 2013.

#40     Mar 8, 2013