Unemployment in Europe at record high again

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Grandluxe, Apr 2, 2013.

1. The only thing the left has is lies, obfuscation, strawmen & "RACIST!".

#11     Apr 2, 2013
  2. Ricter

Ricter

Revenues also went up after Bush started a war.

#12     Apr 2, 2013
  3. pspr

pspr

What the fuck are you talking about now?

If you are going to make such stupid statements back them up with some data to support your claim. Otherwise quit saying all the stupid shit you always do.

#13     Apr 2, 2013
  4. TGregg

TGregg

Take a deep breath and remember:

Life's hard when yer a `tard.

Have some pity on these poor souls.

#14     Apr 2, 2013
  5. You really are dumb. Original post : Some people on here, aka those with the republican minds, cannot normalize the data because maff is too hawd which is why you don't find these people in the hard sciences.

Nowhere did I say revenues did not increase.

Reading comprehension is still a problem for the republican mind.

#15     Apr 2, 2013
  6. jem

jem

very crafty way to word things considering you wrote this a page or two before.... Also check out the chart which says do tax cuts pay for themselves and then used the misleading percent of gdp data.

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showt...67&perpage=6&highlight=normalize&pagenumber=8

"Tax cuts below the theoretical Laeffer optimum don't pay for themselves. Where is the optimum? Most definitely above today's rates. And why the heck are people trying to claim tax cuts pay for themselves??

If you don't like the chart:

then go straight to the data:

Historical Source of Revenue as Share of GDP"

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showt...67&perpage=6&highlight=normalize&pagenumber=8

#16     Apr 2, 2013
  7. pspr

pspr

You're a moron. There are probably as many or more math and science majors in the P&R as in the other forums here as a percentage. What's your major in? Bigotry or Stupidity?

#17     Apr 2, 2013
  8. Another post, Holy mackeral Art Laffer says lowering taxes reduces revenue.

What he means is revenue as a percentage of GDP NOT absolute revenue as measured by itself.

#18     Apr 2, 2013
  9. jem

jem

so lets be clear...

do you agree that tax revenues went up after the Bush Tax Cuts.

yes or no.

#19     Apr 2, 2013
  10. jem

jem

why am I still amazed when I use the search function and find out a lefty lied again...

and it appeared to be a response to a point I had made on tax cuts just a few posts earlier....

http://elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&postid=3085808&highlight=tax+cuts#post3085808

Reagan tax cuts via Krugman,Carter, Reagan, Revenue.

One common reaction of conservatives, when you point out that the experience of the last 20 years offers zero support for the idea that tax cuts pay for themselves, is to start shouting “Jimmy Carter! Reagan! Supply side roolz!”

So I thought it might be worth presenting a bit of evidence from an earlier 20-year stretch. Here’s real federal revenue, in 2005 dollars, from 1970 to 1990. I’ve plotted the log, because it’s easier to look at trends:

------------

Tax cuts produced less revenue along an increasing but lower trendline, or in other words, tax cuts don't pay for themselves; there is lost revenue.

#20     Apr 2, 2013