Unemployed people kill themselves at around two-and-a-half times the rate of those in work

Discussion in 'Economics' started by dealmaker, Nov 23, 2018.

1. Turveyd

Turveyd

In the UK you get £260 per month, ignoring all bills still only £8.50 per day for food you can't live on that, don't think I'd make 2 months in that hell before i topped myself.

The chance of trading profits sky the only thing keeping me alive.

#21     Nov 24, 2018
  2. Cuddles

Cuddles

You mentioned you're from Russia didn't you?

#22     Nov 24, 2018
  3. JSOP

JSOP

That's the problem with suicide. Many and I would say the majority of the times, suicide is committed when they THINK they are non-functional that there is no any other options when in fact, they are fully functional and are well-contributing member of the society and they just don't see it and they choose to terminate their lives unnecessarily based on something that is not true and that's not right. We are only what we BELIEVE what we are. Quoting something from The Matrix: "It's our mind that makes it real". So we have to do is change how their mind see things, many times just at that split second.

#23     Nov 24, 2018
    MACD likes this.
  4. JSOP

JSOP

Anything can be "breeding ground" for terrorism. That's why they are called terrorism. They choose to use "terror" to achieve what they want.

#24     Nov 24, 2018
  5. Si, senior...From Nazi Russia.

#25     Nov 24, 2018
  6. There is a cool game that my daughter showed me called bitlife. In that game you have the option to kill yourself if life is too hard. I think I only did not want to kill myself once. Some people really do have a tough life. It's hard out there and the fed doesn't make it easier with their interest rape management.

#26     Nov 25, 2018
  7. Grentez

Grentez

Well, let's start with the fact that working people earn money, and at least there is some stability in their life, And of course unemployed do not earn and probably some sort of hopelessness comes in life, because it is clear that they do it not from a good life.

#27     Nov 30, 2018
  8. Ilgan

Ilgan

I don't know if these stats are right or not, but unemployment is a very serious issue. The governments and the corporations need to think and make up a policy that helps both the parties. Unemployment causes a lot of problems for the people and inturn they commit sucide. We need to take immediate actions.

#28     Dec 27, 2018
  9. Sig

Sig

More impactful is a breeding ground for crime in general. There is a very strong correlation between crime rates and unemployment. Given you're far far far more likely to be killed as the result of a run of the mill crime than a terrorist attack, that's probably the low hanging fruit.

#29     Dec 27, 2018
  10. southall

southall

Its £73 a week or £317 a month for over 25s.
    You wont starve to death. But you wont have a life either. Unless you think playing Xbox and watching youtube all day is a life.

#30     Dec 27, 2018