Unemployed, No Income and I Owe Tax

Discussion in 'Economics' started by oldtime, Jun 30, 2012.

1. Maybe, but given the number of wanabes on ET, this isn't necessarily obvious.

#41     Jul 1, 2012
  2. best advice I ever got on ET was, just assume 95% of the people you are talking to are losers.

#42     Jul 1, 2012
  3. You know with that advice and the advice you got from you "pappy", you've got it made.

#43     Jul 1, 2012
  4. I really do have it made, according to my backtests, my system should not on average blow up until I am dead and gone. Thank g-d for actuarial tables.

It's hard when you are young, you have a lot to overcome.

But when you are old, it is a piece of cake (as long as you don't live too long.)

#44     Jul 1, 2012
  5. I guess you're only planning to live another 5 to 10 years. I'm sure the US welfare system will go bankrupt some time after that. :D

#45     Jul 1, 2012
  6. And should you live beyond those 5 to 10 years, you could always join the old women in Ukraine and get out on the street and sell cabbages.

#46     Jul 1, 2012
  7. everybody talks about their "edge" I still don't understand what that is all about.

It's the same for everybody, it's what you do with what you what you got that matters.

#47     Jul 1, 2012
  8. This is basic first year economics: Trade what you can do most efficiently.

#48     Jul 1, 2012
  9. sorry man I really messed that one up, I had to edit more times than usual. It was supposed to read "It doesn't matter what you have, what matters is what you do with what you have."

#49     Jul 1, 2012
  10. Come on oldtime, you know better than that! Size DOES matter!!! Isn't that right EMG?

#50     Jul 1, 2012