Unemployed, No Income and I Owe Tax

Discussion in 'Economics' started by oldtime, Jun 30, 2012.

1. People can be exempted from the "tax" for the reasons of financial hardship or religious reasons. The first year the tax will be collected is 2014 so maybe there's something you can do between now and then to earn $90.

#11     Jun 30, 2012
  2. yeah well, I think everybody from Warren Buffet to me should be on food stamps, and not only food stamps but shelter stamps and clothing stamps.

For crying out loud, the earth is a big place and there's plenty of room to fight over the scraps, but everybody should have food, clothing and shelter.

It aint much of a fight if your opponent is starving to death.

That's what I can't figure out about you right wingers, you feel that somehow you have been harmed if the poor are helped.

You're no different than the left wingers that feel they have somehow been harmed if I buy a private jet.

#12     Jun 30, 2012
  3. If I can earn $90 before 2014 there's a bottle of scotch I have my eye on. If I can't swing that, by then if they don't legalize it, that's what a quarter ounce will cost.

#13     Jun 30, 2012
  4. No, don't get a job. Stay. Trade. Lose what little money you have to "master traders" like me! LOL!

The irony of this is absoultely gorgeous. The government loads the system with highly inflated money, hands a little of it to chumps like me and oldtime, who turn around and throw it right back into the system. And the cycle continues.... Well done oldtime.

Now, follow my lead and create a baby. Work half the year and the government will pay you your full income for the remainder of the year just because you're a good daddy and husband and want to be with your wife and baby.

35 weeks of full salary and fully free time to trade begins in two months.

#14     Jun 30, 2012
  5. When the person doing the helping is working for a charity that runs on voluntary donations, I don't consider myself harmed at all.

When the person doing the helping is a unionized public employee with a guaranteed pension and post-retirement health care benefits, yeah, I consider myself a little harmed.

Just remember, apples and oranges are NOT the same thing.

#15     Jun 30, 2012
  6. yeah well, except the money isn't inflated, we're still at 2% or below

#16     Jun 30, 2012
  7. That's why I always say, when it comes to mutual funds or charities, always consider the cost. An index fund should run you well below 1% and a charity should be below 5%.

#17     Jun 30, 2012
  8. urrrr.... no, they have loaded the system with inflated dollars in an effort to avoid what should have been deflation. This economy was denied the opportunity to self-correct as it did during the great depression - a period of time that was followed by war, yes, but also great prosperity.

#18     Jun 30, 2012
  9. "This economy was denied the opportunity to self correct."

Now how could any self respecting democrat liberal not feel shame in the injustice we have done to the economy?

Next time I go out to OWS, that is going to be my sign, "WE ARE THE ECONOMY ALLOW US TO SELF CORRECT!"

#19     Jun 30, 2012
  10. Have you not noticed that the whole economy is on welfare and food stamps? Ironic, isn't it?

#20     Jun 30, 2012