Unemployed Americans heading to China

Discussion in 'Economics' started by MohdSalleh, Sep 9, 2010.

1. MKTrader

MKTrader

Yes, and that will go on forever and ever. World without end. Amen.

Reality check: it's already crumbling. And when health scare really gets underway in the U.S., who is Europe going to free ride on for new drug and treatment R&D?

#11     Sep 16, 2010
  2. I don't blame her.

I left a Private Equity Firm that deals only in the US, with high net worth Investors. The money dryed up fast as many were not looking to comitte capital to any Risk or High Risk Venture Projects. I made well over 6 figuers for three years straight. I bolted and joined a Startup, that Deals GLOBALLY. The first year I will break 90 or so. But as I fill my pipline and we expand on the idea (Me and the CEO) I will make mid 6 figuers again.

I work from home and a building the company bought in San Antonio Tx. I use a remote server when I'm outa the office. I make phone calls world wide using skype and skype is on my cell phone. My hours are what I make them, as it depends on the region I am calling.

My friends stayed in the GAME of "US" only. They are seeing their income drop in half.

Im not an expat. But now, I tap into the world market of "People".

It's a global economy, like it or not, you have to tap into it if you wana survive the future.

Most countries speak English, the langauge barrier is the hardest in RUSSIA.

We are a private company started by a Individual with 30 years experience in Global Trade. Just 3 of us with the company. 1099 so I created my own LLC as a consultant to the Company. I will not get killed on the tax hike, I will bring my salary below threshold and keep the rest in the LLC.

So, you gota go where the future and the jobs are.

Maybe things will change in the US, but it will take few years if not a decaded.

#12     Sep 16, 2010
  3. Most Unemployment pay about that much here in the US. She is almost better off just sitting on her ass watching TV in the US as she gets about the same amount of money. If you live in Rhode Island or Massachusetts you make over $30k per year for being unemployed.

Of course...there are alot of fringe benefits in china/hong kong that you cant get here. Like there are no restaurants that serve dog here, our cockroaches are not the size of small mice, we have to live in large houses and not small 100 sq ft condos with squat toilets, and we dont have that taste of fresh burnt coal to breath in every day. I can see why she would want to live there.

#13     Sep 16, 2010
  4. I agree that common folk's life is much better off than that of their counterparts in China. But after two years of being on welfare, you are pretty much unemployable. Most employers would avoid those whose are on welfare.

#14     Sep 16, 2010
  5. Since Corporations have become bigger and smarter, Govt cannot monitor their day-to-day illegal & immoral activities.
    It is better to breakup these corporations into smaller entities to promote competition and solve unemployment crisis

#15     Sep 17, 2010
  6. She can't collect unemployment, since she didn't have a job that she was fired from.

#16     Sep 17, 2010

7. I guess companies will be disregarding 1 in 7 Americans then. I guess they are all doomed then forever.

#17     Sep 17, 2010
  8. #18     Sep 17, 2010
  9. Good point. Self-employed can't get unemployment benefits either.

#19     Sep 17, 2010
  10. MKTrader

MKTrader

And who monitors the government's illegal and immoral activities?

#20     Sep 17, 2010