Undocumented Immigrants - What Is a Good Number to Bring In Annually to the USA? Why?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by easymon1, Jun 10, 2021.

1. easymon1

easymon1

migrants999.jpg

#11     Jun 10, 2021
  2. easymon1

easymon1

migrant facilities.jpg

#12     Jun 10, 2021
  3. easymon1

easymon1

4. Cuddles

Cuddles

enough to keep whitey on edge about some "grand replacement" theory

#14     Jun 11, 2021
    easymon1 likes this.
  5. easymon1

easymon1

lol, care to be more specific?
    some whitey care more than and some care less than brown, black, yellow, red(especially, since they Were here before the paleface according to current thinking), and what else we got, olive, pink, sorry if i missed your tone ... speak up, lol
    anyway how 'bout Your specific number H4M, hmmmm?
    No need to be shy, now.
    As Is, Who benefits most, would you say from the 'contraband' immigration policy currently in place as the defacto standard?
    I'd venture to say that just like all contraband, the smugglers benefit some, no? Who else?
    What's a good number if it were to go legit.
    What would legit look like as a policy?

#15     Jun 11, 2021
  6. UsualName

UsualName

Inflation is temporary due to supply shortages caused by the pandemic. Deflation will be the real problem soon enough.

M2 and inflation haven’t jibed in 30 years as the below chart shows:

82EE7619-62C1-411D-9DAF-B4D2E50531AA.png

I pose prices have been steady due to better Fed policy and automation, and now AI.

We need to rethink our money.

#16     Jun 11, 2021
  7. jem

jem

M2 does not come close to including all the money out there. M3 would be closer. Last time I checked the Fed no longer supplies M3.

Prices have gone up 500 percent the last 50 years. By very conservative measures. Given the massive demand for the dollar...prices for world goods should be lower not much higher.

#17     Jun 11, 2021
  8. UsualName

UsualName

This is nonsense but at least you’re in good company because everybody is wrong about how money acts in the economy anymore. It obviously doesn’t perform like we expect and we’re taught it would. And this is my point. We should have seen a lot of inflation for decades now but we haven’t and no one really understands why. It’s a big question. I pose it’s technology based automation and AI. I think both of those factors have stabilized prices.

#18     Jun 11, 2021
  9. jem

jem

Nothing I said was nonsense... you are arguing like that troll GWB.

a. Here is support for my statement about the inflation rate the last 50 years.
    Its much higher in reality... as the offical stats have been rigged to keep it down.

https://www.bizjournals.com/bizjour...1/10/inflation-rate-hits-657-for-past-50.html

This was in 2011 and we have had ridiculous stealth inflation since then..

The database includes two comparisons that dramatize the long-term impact of inflation:

• The chart's third column shows the value in current dollars of $100,000 from a previous year. If you had $100,000 in the bank in 1961, for example, the current equivalent would be $757,676, reflecting the 657 percent increase in the cost of living in half a century.

• The fourth column reverses the comparison, showing the past value of $100,000 in 2011. A sum of $13,198 in 1961, for instance, would have had the same buying power then as $100,000 does today.

b. Here is where you can see M2 misses a great deal of money.

Definition:
    M1, M2 and M3 are measurements of the United States money supply, known as the money aggregates. M1 includes money in circulation plus checkable deposits in banks. M2 includes M1 plus savings deposits (less than $100,000) and money market mutual funds. M3 includes M2 plus large time deposits in banks.

← RETURN TO GLOSSARY

• M0: In some countries, such as the United Kingdom, M0 includes bank reserves, so M0 is referred to as the monetary base, or narrow money.[19]
    • MB: is referred to as the monetary base or total currency.[16] This is the base from which other forms of money (like checking deposits, listed below) are created and is traditionally the most liquid measure of the money supply.[20]
    • M1: Bank reserves are not included in M1.
    • M2: Represents M1 and "close substitutes" for M1.[21] M2 is a broader classification of money than M1. M2 is a key economic indicator used to forecast inflation.[22]
    • M3: M2 plus large and long-term deposits. Since 2006, M3 is no longer published by the US central bank.[23] However, there are still estimates produced by various private institutions.
    • MZM: Money with zero maturity. It measures the supply of financial assets redeemable at par on demand. Velocity of MZM is historically a relatively accurate predictor of inflation.[24][25][26]
    The ratio of a pair of these measures, most often M2 / M0, is called an (actual, empirical) money multiplier.

#19     Jun 11, 2021
  10. Ricter

Ricter

Most money is "printed" by banks and such making loans and expanding credit.

#20     Jun 11, 2021