Understanding Reversals

Discussion in 'Journals' started by PAAddict, Jan 8, 2018.

1. Lots of real time calls by maxinger. refer to his back dated journals & pull out those charts. real value discussion centers around OP's topic on reversals. make this forum better with positive discussion. the man is not even attempting to show off his d*** size or sell anything.

My current preference is for tick charts, though I haven't justified its use over volume based bars just yet. in my opinion, both show order flow more cleanly that time based charts. the advantage of time based charts is a clearer read on volume. 2 streams leading to the same river, as you say 'style'

#21     Jan 10, 2018
    PennySnatch, Sprout and Xela like this.
  2. maxinger

maxinger

No comment to your sarcastic or useful or destructive or constructive or egoistical remark.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2018
    #22     Jan 10, 2018
    learner2007 likes this.
  3. Or, maybe, maxinger knows something you don't! His chart shows a very basic indication in TA that is easy to recognize and trade real time.

#23     Jan 12, 2018
    PennySnatch likes this.
  4. PAAddict

PAAddict

Hi Sprout, great to see you found your way here as well! I am doing the whole Hershey drill, but it takes time as it is not the only approach I am following. So once I have the toolkit in my head I will be in a better position to interact with you regarding that method.

#24     Jan 15, 2018
  5. PAAddict

PAAddict

Thanks, and I know is not easy, so I am not expecting to find the answer fast. But It is something I never explored before so I want to see where my exploration gets me, perhaps nowhere and I wont be able to make this a tradable system or perhaps I will, I just hope to learn something new in the process.

#25     Jan 15, 2018
  6. PAAddict

PAAddict

Hi, thanks for your comment, when you say that the 4H timeframe offers stronger reversals, you mean that Support and Resistance Levels visible in the 4H are more important in order to start a Reversal position, or that Reversals that are visible in the 4H have less chances of becoming breakouts?

#26     Jan 15, 2018
  7. PAAddict

PAAddict

Hi, thanks for the comment. By fake reversal do you mean a Reversal that turns into congestion instead of a strong trend?

#27     Jan 15, 2018
    Chris Mac likes this.
  8. PAAddict

PAAddict

New York

#28     Jan 15, 2018
    Xela likes this.
  9. No.Any timeframes have the same chances for breakout.4H is jut to get you started comfortably.

#29     Jan 15, 2018
  10. Zodiac4u

Zodiac4u

To think your opinions are the only ones that count.:rolleyes:

#30     Jan 15, 2018