Understanding Reversals

Discussion in 'Journals' started by PAAddict, Jan 8, 2018.

1. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

There are only 2 or 3 signals on each of these charts.

#11     Jan 9, 2018
  2. Xela

Xela

I know patience is a great virtue, but that's a hell of a long time to wait for a trade to come to fruition ... [​IMG]

#12     Jan 9, 2018
    comagnum and Sprout like this.
  3. Naturally :cool:

#13     Jan 9, 2018
  4. Jack1960

Jack1960

2 or 3 signals on a chart is really good. How are you generating these signals?

#14     Jan 9, 2018
  5. maxinger

maxinger

I posted before. No one is looking. So I have removed those charts from photobucket

#15     Jan 10, 2018
  6. hey maxinger, some like me ARE learning from your journal posts. I have not seen a pic post so far though. just trade entries & timings

PAAddict's charting is different from yours. he uses time based ones to read volume. I see fron your posts you prefer volume bars, which show order flow better. but gives up on most of the volume tell

his charts look rather clean enough. he only has volume comparisions as an extra. the approach looks right. no indicators, just price & volume

Last edited: Jan 10, 2018
    #16     Jan 10, 2018
  7. maxinger

maxinger

here it goes. As time goes by, my chart becomes simpler and simpler.

eg. Today Hangseng reversal signal.

Page (7)_18-01-10_21-29-04.png

Last edited: Jan 10, 2018
    #17     Jan 10, 2018
  8. Thanks Max. That chart looks awesome. I have to admit the better I get at this the simpler my chart becomes.

#18     Jan 10, 2018
  9. lcranston

lcranston

I stopped using CVBs long ago but what matters much more is understanding what a reversal is AND knowing what to look for. Maxinger knows all this. If one does NOT know what a reversal is or why it occurs or what to look for, the subject of CVBs won't be of any importance. Whether or not you yourself use them is truly a matter of personal choice, or "style".

For examples of reversals using ordinary volume, see here to here (a dozen or so).

#19     Jan 10, 2018
    birdman and PAAddict like this.
  10. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

Excellent hindsight charting.

#20     Jan 10, 2018
    comagnum and fordewind like this.