Understanding futures commissions

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by calhawk01, Jul 11, 2013.

1. I find it difficult to find all in commissions when looking at different introducing brokers websites. When I say all in I mean including all fees, exchange fees and clearing costs. I know when brokers advertise .49 a side, it doesn't mean the bottom line though. Can I ask what the average or more competitive rate is for futures currencies?

#31     Aug 10, 2016
  2. MattZ

MattZ Sponsor

My recommendation is that you start comparing apples to apples. Narrow you choices in terms of the platforms and technology you want to execute on then you should shop around. I feel your frustration because has it become a daily routine to break down commissions and explain to traders what they really pay.

Nowadays, you have platforms that work with one feed, or broker neutral that may work with a number of brokers and each may cost differently. This is a bit challenging, but we typically recommend a platform based on the method of execution. You may find that you pay a bit more but the solution is much better in terms of execution and stability.

#32     Aug 14, 2016