Understanding futures commissions

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by calhawk01, Jul 11, 2013.

1. JohnHar

JohnHar

Thanks a lot for the information.

#21     Jul 16, 2013
  2. JohnHar

JohnHar

Thank you. But at the link I did not find their rates. I think they provide it upon request. I thinked about them... One trader with which I contact infom that he has comission from Mirus at rate of 5.5 USD (6E)... its huge as for me...

#22     Jul 16, 2013
  3. 6E at AMP is $4.44

if you don't want to phone them email them and ask them to phone you or to email
    you the info you want: trading@ampfutures.com

#23     Jul 16, 2013
  4. gmst

gmst

CME Exchange fee is 1.14 not 55 cents, so a round trip on ES costs 4.02 (2.01 per trade). 55 cents is for futures options.

#24     Jul 16, 2013
  5. Brighton

Brighton

GMST - Thanks for catching that.

#25     Jul 17, 2013
  6. mo3pro

mo3pro

#26     Jul 17, 2013
  7. JohnHar

JohnHar

Thanks Wallace, how long are you with them?
    do you have any complains?

Also I hear from other traders that its possibile to get datafeed from one source and to use routing sistem to execute your orders from a broker.. Do you tried such variant with AMP?

#27     Jul 17, 2013
  8. Brighton

Brighton

For the IB numbers in my table, I used:

https://www.interactivebrokers.com/en/index.php?f=commission&p=futures1#fixed
    (make sure you are on the FUTURES and FOPS tab and see COST PLUS FIXED COMMISSIONS - this is where you get the 85 cents per side)

For the exchange fees, use the same link, scroll down to the table called EXCHANGE and REGULATORY, click on the appropriate exchange and find your product and the associated fees. I use the first column, typically called Tier 1/non-member, because these are the fees I see on my trade confirmations. And you're right, they don't match precisely with the CME document using the row labeled "customers of member firms (non-members)."

#28     Jul 17, 2013
  9. JohnHar, no complaints about AMP, good service any time I've called, very helpful
    I'm satisfied with the free NinjaTrader with the CQG feed, tho from time to time one or
    the other may go down, but you cannot rely 100% on any feed so far as I know, except
    the MetaTrader 4 feed, Never had it go down except a broker may freeze the feed when
    there's an announcement such as the NFP or Euro reports etc, doesn't happen with
    CME Globex of course but MT is The most reliable software I've ever used

#29     Jul 22, 2013
  10. Let's not forget that with a CQG feed, there is always the opportunity to have alternative (free) or concurrent ($10-15/month) access with CQG WebTrader as client backup via internet explorer 7.0 browser or later.

#30     Jul 29, 2013